donation / raffle drive for Jerry Wyss

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as of today 5/20/2011,,,,,, the donation total is up to $545.00... if anyone has sent money direct to jerry's family,,please let me know so i can update the name list and total...

thank you ,,Alden

we could do a raffle like you stated kris..maybe that will bring more interest to this drive for a good cause... if you have somthing you could throw in the raffle please pm me the details...I will compile a list in this post...i will fill a bowl and have my daughters pull the names to keep it fair...one is 12 one is 3,,id say $5 a ticket is good,,so 5 for $25.00...i will start this off...

2 outboard oiler kits of your choice 3.5 - gas o/b...one oiler per ticket drawn...

1 set of stainless steel thunder tiger outboard steering arms,,(jerry loved these,,it only seems fitting to offer a set)..
Alden i would offer my Wildthing .12 mono with all hardware and engine mount up for the raffle ok Lets see if other people would donate to this great cause.

Julian Conde

Last edited by a moderator:
alright...thanks for steppin up julian,,,and a great prize that would be...i appriciate it julian...

alden

yes sir ron...we sure have had some good conversations,,and i have the utmost respect for you,,as well as many others on this board..i thank you ron,,,,for well,,,,just being you man....stay healthy my friend....

alden

5/22/11 we are up to $660.00 and ive still not recieved all the snail mail,,, as it comes i will update the list...

thank you,,

Alden

Alden we have a race June 18-19 I will pass the hat and if you send me an address will forward a postal money order

mikey that would be very kind.... if your club decides they could help that would be awsome.. you could send the donations to the wyss family directly mikey as i will have sent the donations i collected off to them...It for sure is greatly appriciated... I listed jerry's home address in the tribute thread... if you need it though i will pm it to you sir...

I was able to get ahold of jerry's good racing buddy Jim Hill,,, he informed me that june 19th jerry's family will have a celebration of jerry's life... He also informed me that jerry's local club will be having a race soon and it will be a memorial race for jerry... all proceeds from jerry's local club that day will go to his family...this man was cared for by many and it absolutely shows..

ac

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I talked with Jerry’s wife tonight, she is doing as good as you would expect at this point. She asked me to thank all Jerry’s friends on IW for the support and prayers! She is very overwhelmed and touched by the out poring of support from the IW family. Yolanda was telling me the last time Jerry prayed, before slipping into a coma, he was praying for his RC friends and there boats. Do you think this man loved this hobby?

You can view Jerry’s obituary at www.thenewsguard.com.

Thank You

Jim Hill

hi jim.. he sure did sir....he sure did... the spark he had to make these boats run was firing away,,,and the success he wanted everyone to taste superceeded that..all around great person... yolanda was very lucky to have jerry in her life... and my heart goes out to jerry's mother also... no parent should have to watch thier child pass.. and she has seen it twice... may god bless her... the world will be different without him for sure...

alden "yep,, the cod licker"

alright guys its the first of the month and,,,again,,i thank all who donated to this great cause...i will talley up the donations tonight and send them off to yolanda in the next couple days...i will report back with a total...

as far as the raffle..i will keep you posted on the names drawn,,,we only accumulated 3 prizes,,but i will let everyone know the names drawn...

thank you again don ferrette for pinning this for me...i suppose its time to let this thread go,,,so you can un-pin it....

thank you,,,all of you...

alden cost

our donation total comes to $660.00...... this does not include any payments sent to jerry's house directly... this should help a great deal... thanks again its greatly appriciated...

alden cost

O.k,,,, today,, 6/7/2011,,, a sympathy card with the donation amount of $660.00 is on its way to jerry's family,, along with a list of people who donated to this great cause... all the names on the list are of people who donated through my paypal account or sent me a personal check,, as for the people who sent payments direct to jerry's house,, the family knows you did,,and im sure are very greatful...

I will report back when i hear more...

thank you,,Alden

update on the ticket prizes.. i have not had a chance to get the kids together and do the name pull yet...one of my good friends got married this weekend,,and i was in the wedding so the last four days have been shot... i will keep everyone posted through this thread...

ac

alrighty,,, here are the results...

Dave Hobson --- wildthing .12 mono (donated by julian conde)

Rodney pierce --- stainless tt arms (donated by myself)

Greg Robertson --- outboard oiler kit (donated by myself)

Tim Duggan --- outboard oiler kit (donated by myself)

Bryan Ruttley --- outboard oiler kit (donated by myself)

these were the names pulled and in that order... again i thank everyone for coming through in this difficult time... please contact the people who donated the prizes directly...

Alden Cost

Back