• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dodged a Bullet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

First and foremost I would like to thank all my friends that have been checking up on me to see how my eye is doing.. The friends we make here at I waters are the best.

Thanks..

I dodged a bullet that’s for sure. My competitive model boat racing days were just about over.

Looks like in the next 2 to 6 months that my eye will make a 90 to 95% recovery. I should be back in racing form in no time.

Now for my current condition: I have lost about half the use of my left eye dew to a idiopathic vein that burst behind my retina. The retina began to reshape and I experienced a large vision loss in that eye. The biggest problem is the distortion that I see. This can make building Fuel Cells and boats/boat kits a real challenge.. let alone typing this message..

For those of you either waiting for product or e-mail answers please be excuse my tardiness.

Thanks and ROCK ON

Grirmracer…

Last edited by a moderator:
Did all that loud music cause the eye problem????? Just kidding,get better so we all can come up to the shoot out and kick your butt!

Bob Kensill

Best Wishes Mike from the Badgers and the WakeWalkers!

Get well soon man!

Garrett

Sorry to hear about your eye problem. GET WELL SOON. I had a blood vessel leak in the back of my left eye back in the late 80's. It was on the screen in the back of the eye. Lost some depth perception also give me an reason for crazy driving at times. That's what I blame it on anyway.

Take care of that eye and GET WELL.

Jerry

very glad to hear the doctor predicted that you will recover.... wheew!

get well soon mike!

tom

Well I still think Mikie could kick butt in 3.5 mod tunnel with a eyepatch, one arm tied behind his back and throttle with his toe.............But MUCH better all healed up,

He,He,

get well soon,

Gene :D

MIKE

Sorry to here about your eye. Get well soon we have got some racing to do this summer in sport 40.

KENNY

MIke,

Sorry to hear about your eye. Glad to hear it is improving. Jus as an aside. there was a guy years back fro Texas, Scott McGuffen, who only had one eye. Hell on wheels when it came to racing! Held the F-hydro oval record for years with a twin called the Coonass Express. Doesn't look like I'm going to get to go north this year so take care of yourself and good racing. :)

Rich

Mikie...THAT SUX, DUDE!! Sorry to hear...but glad you'll be back in shape soon. Any idea what caused it?

Sorry to hear about your eye, Mike. Wish you a speedy recovery and will see you at the races soon. Ken

Hope everything turns out fine and we will see you in Jackson TN for the Internats!

Ron

Great to hear you will be okay .

The human body is truly an amazing thing.

Best wishes Tim

Hope the eye gets better real soon Mike!

Everyone in your club should have to race against you wearing eye patches too! Shoulder Parrot and wooden legs are optional! hehehe

Tim.

Mike, Hope you have a speedy recovery, Vison is a wonderful thing that alot of folks take for granted. I know it's a pain in the butt trying to build when everthing is in a haze.

Rock On Mr. Mike

Mike

Grim sorry to here that you had this happen to you . This is why I have not raced in 1 1/2 yrs. as I had it happen to both eyes about 6 months apart. I'm still not giving up but does not look good for me I have retired from my job as a machinest and cannot drive a car anymore. Scott

Racers, Scott

This thing was and is indeed a pain in the ass. Boat racing to me is an obsession and it consumes my every day, every thought and all I want to do is boating, whether its helping, designing, or racing its all I do. People who know me well know this… Having racing friends like you guys makes it all the better.

The DRs say that they do not know why the thing happened.. I mean we know why it burst (I do distance running and it burst because of increased heart rate) but way the vein was there...we do not know..

Scott,

Hang in there my friend.. if it can happen it can un-happen.. I have a friend that was in a work accident and after 8 years of not being able to see, he suddenly got his sight back...no explanation.. it just came back.. He has since wrote a book on it and has been on every talk show you can think of..

Bottom line,, it can happen.. B)

Thanks

ROCK ON MY FRIENDS.. The old Grimracer is going to be ready to race this summer..

Grim

Latest posts

Back