Diver Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to find a diver around legg lake to retrieve a boat.
Dan Chase used to be in that area- see if I can rustle his number up for ya- but being a holiday weekend it may be tough to get someone.

or maybe use Wilmer (Bill) Oxidean's guy.

Hate to hear that. :(

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob, before you do any diving, make sure to ckeck wtih the park office first. You could be in deep doo doo otherwise ;)

Don :)

PS HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE :D

If a diver is not available, another suggestion is an underwater camera. I use one for my fishing. It 'might' help if you know the general area it went down. One tip on the camera is let it go all the way down to the bottom and then pull it back up a few inches. Mine is a cheap unit, but shows the bottom really well. Not sure how clear your water is though. Aqua View is the main player, but, mine was purchased from Harbor Freight for less than 100 clams. Good Luck

Jr. B

Dan Chase used to be in that area- see if I can rustle his number up for ya- but being a holiday weekend it may be tough to get someone.

or maybe use Wilmer (Bill) Oxidean's guy.
Dan Chase lives in Northern Cal (about 400 miles north), but had done some Legg Lake retrieval diving when he was racing RC and happened to be present. He's been out of RC for a couple of years. Not sure about Wilmers guy, but Mark Grim has retrieved a lot of Legg Lake submarines without diving. A "rake" made out of PVC pipe may be worth a try, don't think the pond is much more than about 15'. Due to currents at the bottom, visibility is almost zero and the boats tend to move around... it probably won't be found where it went down unless it's stuck in the mud.

Best of luck.

It was a friend who lost it, hes not a member here, he asked me to post it here for him. sport20

See if you have any diving supply shops in the area, even this town has one. They may have someone that will look for it for you. Even a fire department usually has a dive team that maybe could use some practice. Most of the time you can get somebody just for the price of a fill of an air tank.

Rented a tank for Dan Chase at the Dolphin Dive Center on Duarte Rd. in Arcadia... 626-447-5536.

It's about 10 miles north of Legg Lake. There may be shops that are closer to the pond.

Back