District 6 Race in Wichita August 12-13

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to let everyone know we are waving the entry deadline. Will take entries up to the race date. Please pass the word. Thanks

Allan
Wish I could fly out for your race Allan. You guys in Wichita always put on a good race!

Todd
Hey Todd good to hear from you. That would be great if you could make it, but long ways for you to come.

Allan

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent in my race registration and I'm looking forward to being in Wichita. I raced there in 1988 at the first APBA Nationals, but at a different location. The only national championship I won that year was the "Pig Out" award for the person eating the most BBQ pork. :)

JD

Sent in my race registration and I'm looking forward to being in Wichita. I raced there in 1988 at the first APBA Nationals, but at a different location. The only national championship I won that year was the "Pig Out" award for the person eating the most BBQ pork. :)

JD
Oink Oink!!!! :lol:

Jerry it will be great to see you again. I am tickled you are comin. :)

Alan....

It will be great to see you again Jerry and fun racing you. Glad you are getting to come. I think it will turn out to be a great race. Hope the heat lets up a little. We hit 102 today :blink:

Allan

Wow!!! That's 30 degrees warmer than here today. I'll see if I can direct this Pacific cool air down towards Wichita in a couple of weeks. :)

Got in a good "shake down" test today with my TS/O.S. Max 21. I'm going to clean it up and get it ready for Wichita.

JD

Wow!!! That's 30 degrees warmer than here today. I'll see if I can direct this Pacific cool air down towards Wichita in a couple of weeks. :)

Got in a good "shake down" test today with my TS/O.S. Max 21. I'm going to clean it up and get it ready for Wichita.

JD
That would be great Jerry. Bottle up all the cool air you can and bring with you. I hoping our race weekend stays under a 100.

Allan

Getting things ready for next weekend in Wichita. Fixed up some "Racer Rash" on my TS. The Miss Vegas for the RTR class is on it's way to Allan.

Thanks to James Barringer and Twisted Liquid Racing for arranging for the trip.

JD

Getting things ready for next weekend in Wichita. Fixed up some "Racer Rash" on my TS. The Miss Vegas for the RTR class is on it's way to Allan.

Thanks to James Barringer and Twisted Liquid Racing for arranging for the trip.

JD

[/quote

Have a good trip Jerry. Looks like the race is shaping up to be a good one. Now if the heat would go away.

Allan

The gang in Witchita put on a great race. They did five rounds of racing and still got us out of there at a decent time so we could make that long trip home. Witchita has a great race site with alot of shade. Which is good ,because it was Hot!! I also thought it was a great idea for them to have the RTR class. Ready to run, which put the Pro-boat and the Miss-Vegas head to head. There was some good racing there at an entry level price. The old school team of Jerry Dunlap and Phil Thomas won that class. But little 7year old Sammy Miller was Giving Jerry a good run with his vegas. Thanks alot , Witchita gang, For hosting a very fun weekend for us. Ken

Good job by the Wichita guys. Good to see some old friends. And speaking of old, J T Finley!

The Wichita R/C Model Boat Club hosted a great event and I really enjoyed the opportunity to participate. :D It is an event well worth adding to one's racing schedule.

Thanks for the great time.

JD

Hey Alan and all your club members, good job on the race.

You had plenty of boats and the heats went off in a timely manner, not many clubs can get in 5 rounds by early afternoon on Sunday. I liked the shaded pit area and the sandy launch area made it nice, didnt really need to have wet feet to launch boats. You have a nice drivers stand too.

Nice to meet new people and see new places. I will put up some pictures this evening I took of the race and some boaters.

Thanks PHIL T

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=601

The gang in Witchita put on a great race. They did five rounds of racing and still got us out of there at a decent time so we could make that long trip home. Witchita has a great race site with alot of shade. Which is good ,because it was Hot!! I also thought it was a great idea for them to have the RTR class. Ready to run, which put the Pro-boat and the Miss-Vegas head to head. There was some good racing there at an entry level price. The old school team of Jerry Dunlap and Phil Thomas won that class. But little 7year old Sammy Miller was Giving Jerry a good run with his vegas. Thanks alot , Witchita gang, For hosting a very fun weekend for us. Ken
Thank you Ken for those kind words. The WRCPBC club worked hard to put the race on and I am very proud of the job they did. For there first race it went well. Next year we hope to set dates that will not conflict with other races in the area and I would like to hear from the other clubs around us (Wichita Ks.) on when there races are held so we can set our race date for next year. And I want to thank you Ken, Chuck, Phil and all the other racers for supporting us at our event.

Allan Hoyle

Good job by the Wichita guys. Good to see some old friends. And speaking of old, J T Finley!
Thank you and Rudy for coming to our event Bob. And thanks Bob for helping me CD the race. I hope next year we see all the Texas racers in Wichita.

Allan Hoyle

Good ta see you again Phil. Great pictures, great race site.

Hats of to the Wichita club. They dun a superb job of running this race. Allan Hoyle did a fantastic CDing the race. Everything went pretty smooth, this coming from someone who raced 8 boats. :blink:

I look forward to doin it again in Wichita.

Good ta see you again Phil. Great pictures, great race site.

Hats of to the Wichita club. They dun a superb job of running this race. Allan Hoyle did a fantastic CDing the race. Everything went pretty smooth, this coming from someone who raced 8 boats. :blink:

I look forward to doin it again in Wichita.
Thanks Alan for racing all those boats. You sure helped make some classes.

Allan

Latest posts

Back