Dist 3 WCRA one day races??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy,

We will try to have a meeting right after the first of the year and decide on the schedule then. I will be e-mailing everyone.

Thank you sir, any thoughts on adding a race or 2 ???

Not sure what will work this year, without Byrd I don't think we will be able to count on Orlando. This will leave Brandon and Tampa. One district race per month will make a full race plate. If we each take 3, that will be 5 races for each club. It's a bunch of work.

Not sure what will work this year, without Byrd I don't think we will be able to count on Orlando. This will leave Brandon and Tampa. One district race per month will make a full race plate. If we each take 3, that will be 5 races for each club. It's a bunch of work.

Don , I didnt realize we would be without Ron's help next season. I hope eveything is alright on his end. With that said , a 4 or 5 race season for 1 days is better than none. Count on me for ANY help I can be at either of the Tampa or Brandon races as usual. Anyone going to the lake soon, I could use a few test sessions ? Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

What does Byrd have to do with the Orlando Club? We told you at the Broward race that Orlando was willing to participate... Remember?

By the way, Orlando hosted 10 races last year... 2-Dist 3, 6-FGRS, and 2-WCRA

Don,What does Byrd have to do with the Orlando Club? We told you at the Broward race that Orlando was willing to participate... Remember?

Okay, so does that mean Orlando is hosting some of the one days or no ??

Brian,

OK, I guess this came out wrong. I know you guys said you would contribute to the awards for 2006, it didn't compute that we were also talking about 2007. I know you and Ellie are doing the gas series, and I wrongly assumed that you would not have time for the WCRA and that is where Byrd came in.

My apologies for the misunderstanding on my part, we would of course be happy to have Orlando in the WCRA series.

Don;

Is there the possibility that maybe Brandon and Tampa could combine labor and run the extra two races together? Or maybe rethink the one day series and just have Brandon and Tampa run the entire thing. (All Six Races) :)

Norm Doerr

Is there the possibility that maybe Brandon and Tampa could combine labor and run the extra two races together? Or maybe rethink the one day series and just have Brandon and Tampa run the entire thing. (All Six Races) :)

Norm Doerr

Norm and all,

I am happy to say that the Orlando club has indicated that it is willing and able to host two WCRA races and of course this is great. Makes this a better series My bad for not checking with them before writing them off.

Norm Doerr

Norm and all,

I am happy to say that the Orlando club has indicated that it is willing and able to host two WCRA races and of course this is great. Makes this a better series My bad for not checking with them before writing them off.
Great news , glad to hear all 3 clubs are on board. Thanks Don/Brian. Don you mentioned year end awards earlier in this thread. Are there year end awards being given for the 06 season? if so , when and where ? Thanks again guys, looking forward to a great 07 season. Merry Christmas all. Andy Jen and Kayti...

Don,What does Byrd have to do with the Orlando Club? We told you at the Broward race that Orlando was willing to participate... Remember?

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF COMMENT IS THIS BRIAN? Your tact is very inconsiderate dont you think. Without me Orlando would never have started doing WCRA races thats what Byrd has to do with the Orlando club. I know its always about power with you Brian but you gotta give it up for the good of the hobby man really!!!

Yes I am in retirement from the hobby for now with more important matters to tend to. Maybe one day my insugnificant ass will be able to come back but with comments like Mr OCD's I will think 3 times before doing so.

Last edited:
Ron,

I'm afraid that you have misunderstood my post. My post reiterated Don's post that due to your retirement that the Orlando Club may not be willing to continue their participation in the WCRA series. As you know, one thing has nothing to do with the other. We are willing to participate and have enjoyed participating since the time you brought the opporltunity to our attention last year. I assure you, Ron, no barbs are being thrown here.

Ellie and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF COMMENT IS THIS BRIAN? Your tact is very inconsiderate dont you think. Without me Orlando would never have started doing WCRA races thats what Byrd has to do with the Orlando club. I know its always about power with you Brian but you gotta give it up for the good of the hobby man really!!!

Yes I am in retirement from the hobby for now with more important matters to tend to. Maybe one day my insugnificant ass will be able to come back but with comments like Mr OCD's I will think 3 times before doing so.

Good to hear ya out there Byrd, hope everythings getting better for you and the family. When ya get ready to come back around your pit man has your back. Merry Christmas . Andy-Jen and Kayti.

The one day races are my favorites. They somehow seem to be less rushed and not as stressful as the two dayers. Just my opinion. I will attend all the one dayers I can next year. How about adding Scales. Mark and I will attend all the one dayers we can which only leaves another boat or two to make a Scale field. Just one other comment. How about keeping our District III bickering to ourselves and not broadcast it to the Country. We actually have a great District but sometimes you would never know it with what we say on this site. Thanks, Perry

The one day races are my favorites. They somehow seem to be less rushed and not as stressful as the two dayers. Just my opinion. I will attend all the one dayers I can next year. How about adding Scales. Mark and I will attend all the one dayers we can which only leaves another boat or two to make a Scale field. Just one other comment. How about keeping our District III bickering to ourselves and not broadcast it to the Country. We actually have a great District but sometimes you would never know it with what we say on this site. Thanks, Perry
Perry, glad to hear you and Mark will be attending all the races. Your always a pleasure to speak with at the races. Your right , the one day races are so much more layed back and easy going.Also a great place for new racers to get their feet wet and if their lucky enough, the "big swim" at the end of the day !! LOL. Now if I can just keep Gene from getting that big lead early in the season. Who else has a Scale to make the class ???? The one day races have always been pretty open to the idea, three of anything makes a class. Perry, wait till you see the electric micro's run in the front pond in Tampa, what a hoot. Andy

Hi Andy: Don Reik has a scale as does Ron Byrd, Bill Gibson and Joe Wiebelhaus. Mark and I have four running scales so we could always bring along extras if needed to ensure there are enough to make a class. Have a Great Christmas and see you soon. Perry

Any word on dates yet ??? Is that an offer Perry ?? LOL ...

Latest posts

Back