Dist 12 race flyers?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsden

I know the races will be starting in May, but I haven't found any flyers yet. Anyone out there in Dist. 12 know of any or who to contact? I'm in Dist. 1 and the water will probably be hard when you're racing in Dist. 12. <_<

May 1&2 Hagerstown , Md. - R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore

Aug. 28 & 29 Chesapeake, Va. - Old Dominion Model Boat Association

Sept. 11 & 12 Columbia, Md. - Capital R/Cers

Sept. 25 & 26 Hagerstown, Md. - R/C Model Boaters of Baltimore

Their flyers should be in the appropriate Roostertail. The Chesapeake race will be in the June Roostertail.

Last edited by a moderator:
We used to offer those classes but thet were usually canceled due to lack of participants. It's up to a club vote as to what classes we run, but my vote would be no. Just because it saves the trouble of having to cancel the class. If participation increased then yes we would offer those classes. But for now we get less than 3 entries.

Well,

I guess that will save me a trip to VB. That is like me holding a race and tell you guys NO Rigger.... Enough said Bill :angry:

Preston,

I totally agree with Bill. Not offering the class is preclusion (it gets rid of any participation before it has any chance to prove itself). Locally, I'm definitely bringing tunnels this year. Let’s offer a few races….whaddya say?

From what I’m seeing, we’ll definitely have enough to make a race........I don’t profess to speak for other tunnel racers, but it certainly looks like tunnel interest has been up this year.

As an aside, it’s also up to the folks in tunnel classes to make the races in order to keep this type of thing from happening.

KB

Guys-

This race is in the END of August, it's currently beginning of March. That seems like enough time to drum up support enough to know if you'll have enough boats. I know for a fact of one guy from the D.C. club who has a rather nice running 7.5 o/b that would love to race it there. I also know he will attend the race like he did last year. Bill you need to get together with the Weimer's who also come to this race & have 3.5 & 7.5 o/b boats. Get the commitment & then you can easily add the class. With the expense of trophies thses days you can't afford to waste $$. :blink:

I am planning on running in the 20 tunnel class if avail. for the May 1st race at least. Hopefully there will be enough interest.

Well,
I guess that will save me a trip to VB. That is like me holding a race and tell you guys NO Rigger.... Enough said Bill 
Calm down dude. It isn't my fault that even when the class is offered you tunnel guys can't get three people to come to a race. It has been years since there was enough interest in tunnels to even have a class. You can't blaim the lack of participation on me or ODMBA! And Don brings up a good point. Why shell out good $$$ for trophies you can't give away.

You know what? I make sure that ODMBA always has a great race. Everbody is treated the same and races by the same rules. We start on time, operate efficiently, and get everybody on the road home around 2:00 Sunday. And the more the merrier. I get too much of this attitude stuff and it is totally unjustified.

Preston,

I will be the First person to say you run a Great Race, it is always a GOOD Time for All. I'm not trying to give you a hard time about this. We only have 4 races this year in Dist 12 and one of them races are not offering the tunnel classes. All I run is tunnels. Happy Boating Bill

Back