Delrin question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been using Delron engine mounts with a standard cutting tap for 10 years , from 21 to twin riggers and SAW boats and have never had a problem..

Sorry about this silly question:

Is Delron the same as Delrin?

can‘t find a material called Delron here in Germany.

Thanks

Joachim
Probably because it was missed spelled jackass. If you followed the thread you'd be able to keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have not had the cajones to try form tapping titanium or BeCu. Otherwise, use a good tapping fluid and have at it.

Thanks. Brad.
After tapping a bunch of 4-40 and 10-32 holes in Ti for my rudders I doubt a form tap would work at all, it'd just grab and that'd be the end of it.

Special "Walter Titex" taps for Ti and Moly Dee tapping fluid did the job. :)   

After tapping a bunch of 4-40 and 10-32 holes in Ti for my rudders I doubt a form tap would work at all, it'd just grab and that'd be the end of it.

Special "Walter Titex" taps for Ti and Moly Dee tapping fluid did the job. :)   
Terry,

Yup. I haven't had the cajones to try it, and haven't been trying to muster them. Cutting the threads is difficult enough.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Model Machine And Precision LLC

Back