death of my k&b 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Hall

Well my k&b crank decided it was time to let go to day, when it stopped instantly I knew something had let go, I was expecting to find a broken con rod. Only parts that are useable is the top housing and pto

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen a crank failed like this before. That's too bad as you will have problem finding parts.

It looked like a piece of metal had galled in the piston. I wonder if that's what caused the crank to break.

Very common on the 8701 KaBoom the 8702 was much better. I cant count the ones ive seen

I have never seen a crank failed like this before. That's too bad as you will have problem finding parts.

It looked like a piece of metal had galled in the piston. I wonder if that's what caused the crank to break.
It was the crank that let go and a piece has taken a bit of the piston, annoying too as it was a mint piston and sleeve.

I have plenty of spares and a couple of new powerheads and a later one with the bigger crank but I think its time for a rossi powerhead

It was the crank that let go and a piece has taken a bit of the piston, annoying too as it was a mint piston and sleeve.

I have plenty of spares and a couple of new powerheads and a later one with the bigger crank but I think its time for a rossi powerhead
Upgrade to the 8702 crank, front and main housing, and pipe timing P/S and you will not be sorry. This combo is much stronger than a Rossi any day. I would run this and hold off on a new purchase as the new NovaRossi 46 outboard powerhead will be available soon. That would be the only engine I would even consider as an upgrade to the 8702 K&B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the 17mm crank and housings if you can swing it. That will convert it to an 8702 and really light up that K&B!!!

Back