Dave Brown Six Shooter Fuel Pump Glow

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind cranking, they work fine. I have used mine for at least 10 years, only had to replace the silicon tube inside once. I use it as a back up to an electric pump now.

Hope this helps you.

Slow, but works great. Also rebuildable. Tower should have the kit. Whatever you do, do not try to spin it with and elec. starter. I know the results. LOL

Duke if your fillin scale boats get a boxster,that Dave Brown is fine for a 8 ounce tank but not a 18

If you run a twin boat, you will wear the skin off the inside of your hands. Go electric, it is all personal preference.

Beau

I have to agree with Rick, if you buy and use one it needs to be hard mounted. Trying to hand hold one while cranking is extremely awkward and will take a lot of time when filling the tank on anything larger than a sport 40

Works pretty good if it's attached to a metal can. They used to sell this Pour-N-Pump system but I don't think they're available anymore. I made my own can by soldering 2 tubes into it. One to go to the bottom, one vent that the fill hose plugs into for storage, and attached the pump with velcro.

http://www.dbproducts.com/store/prnp.htm

Glenn

Duke if your fillin scale boats get a boxster,that Dave Brown is fine for a 8 ounce tank but not a 18
Thanks Mike and everyone for their insight.

Duke is my older "and sometimes wiser" brother running Scale. I will be running sport 20, .12 and .21 hydro this year and dreaming of 45 hydro.

this is all I use. remember-- the faster you crank the less fuel you get thru the pump. I have used this to fill my cat (28 oz) always in nothing flat. crank at medium speed for best results. always use extra large fuel line on pump. reason for slower speed it gives the silicon tubing in the pump more time to fill itself back up - hence more delivery per crank. Its all I use. even have a back up. hope this is some help: Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back