Custom .12 engine mount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

The perks of working at a Tool & Die Shop. ;D

I designed this engine mount to be a floating mount to fit in the tub of the Hammerhead .12. I then asked one of our wire EDM guys to cut it out for me. It took about 20min & he had 2 made. I am sending one to Hammer with the kits that are going to him. The wire machine leaves a rough textured finish, so I polished it up. What does everyone think?

If you are wondering what the 3rd hold is on the far side..... um.......I goofed :'( oh well, the engine will cover it up, so it won't be seen! :p

Here is one for size comparison

10 min. a part is not to bad but as every one is hitting me with it's looking heavy no mater what the weight! if it was me I would do a copy of the cmd type as it dose not look heavy! and this is just my .04 cents worth

Jimmy :)

Looks nice, I would try to make one with rubber mounts. It would make the boat quieter and easier on the electronics. Just a thought! ;)

It is made for isolated mounts. The other one that he made is out in my truck awaiting shipment to Marty. I sent Wade an e-mail earlier, maybe you will see a version 2 of this if he likes my input. The smallest rubber mounts that Grainger has are still big for the .12 motors but there isn't a lot of choice out there.

Back