Crash pics.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,

I used to have one, and it didn't snap like that! 8)

Just the crash pics I had to hand. Somewhere at home I have pics of my own design OB carnard after a steering linkage failure caused it to hit a tree stump!

Unfortunately I never took any pics of my Kingcraft after a Volvo drove over it. Or the time I broke the front open on the bottom of the lake at Griffith. Or the time I ran up the island at Numurkah at full speed. Or lost radio and smacked the bank head on at Hunter Valley at the Nats in 2000. Tough boat. I sold it and it still races in the club! : :)

Nitrocrazed racing: Volvo aware driver.

PJ,

Somewhere I have pics of my 21 Multi. That boat had no epoxy repairs because I never fixed it! I just kept running with the damage! :p

Eventually I had to retire it after I was T-Boned. The hull kept filling up with water as I was racing!

Nitrocrazed racing: Multi racing can be a contact sport....

The 21 Multi. This looks pretty intact in this photo actually. You cant see the hole in one side below the deck where the water was coming in. But you can see the cut on the front where the deck is lifting slightly. That cut goes thru the hull as well, another boat lost control and hit me head on, that was the other boat's rudder! The deck and hull seperated at the front!

Ian.

Gotta watch out for those crocs in Australia. I saw this movie once, and it had this guy who's name was "Mick" and...................

Tim,

Ouch! This is becoming an SG damage page! :p

I bet Winks was thrilled. Dead in the water or race collision? :-

**** dark coloured boats... hey Tim... :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Fluro orange boats.

Yeah it was winks' twin and it was dead between 2 and 3. He was not impressed. His boat was racing the next day - The SG wasn't!

Anyone considering painting a boat - black or blue dead boats are hard to see in the thick of racing. Maybe consider other colours to save some heartache.

Ian,

I had a good chat with Eric A and there is no bad blood - everything is cool 8) For those that have no idea what I'm talking about I accidently hit his dead boat at the nationals.

Those SG's look kind of what Ron Zaker Jr's. boat looked like after the crash at the Ultimate 21 Shoot-out back in 2000 (?). It's a wonder that Tom didn't have any shots of it in his Archives. I saw his Hawk and thought that it was totalled, but he had it fixed and running in the next heat! Good old 5-minute epoxy!

i dont remember any major damage to rons boat in 2000. i kinda remember a tube problem but it was nothing major if i remember.

dave preusse totalled his hawk lets find the pic

here it is:

21shoot000.jpg

Well I don't have picture, but I DID crash my boat! :'( I work construction and the job site I'm on is right next to a large pond. I took my boat to work with me today with the intention of running it after the shift was over. Some of the guys saw it in my car and begged me to run it at lunch. Wow did it fly! It was great to show them my hobbie, and at 45+ MPH this was not a toy. After work everyone left and I ran it again. It was great! The engine ran beautiful and the hull set up was perfect. I was about to bring her in and I lost controle! :eek: It went screaming at full speed twards the shore and smashed into a bunch of large rocks. I couldn't beleve how high it flew into the air! Thank god the carb got knocked off and the engine died. Everything is OK but the hull. It came apart at the seams and suffered alot of deep scrapes. I was surprized that it diden't crack. It can be repaired but It will take a long time. Something that I don't have right now. I was really looking forward to running it this weekend.

Latest posts

Back