FUTABA 3PM and 3PMX

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Men,

Does your pencil not have any led in it anymore? Is your antenna shot and not standing erect? Performance anxiety got you down?

YOU NOW HAVE A CURE!

Grimracer had dug down deep, taken one for the team and has reached around to provide you some relief!

Introducing the…. 3PM, 3PMX antenna holder upper thingy!.. the 3PM, 3PMX antenna holder upper thingy holds your antenna rod STIFF but allows for those oho so needed storage times too.
Don’t be embarrassed by those old “tape splints” or floppy antennas you see at the racing events. You don’t want others to see your floppy junk do ya……
Don’t wait.. Go to... THINAVERCE to order your 3PM, 3PMX antenna holder upper thingy TODAY!

Disclaimer.. if your antenna stays erect for more then 4 hours be sure to consult your transmitter battery for remaining capacity.

OK... enough of the fun...

Thank you Richard Hartley for sending off your radio so I could look at a simple solution. (I will be sending it back soon)

Who ever wants this to sell or give away let me know. I have the STLs and can send them off.. (Stump Fab?)

Anyway.. just let me know.. I will NOT be printing them... I will not be selling them.. This is going to have to go to somebody else. (if nobody bites it goes to Thingaverse

The parts you see are printed in ABS and are a slip fit onto the tower on the radio. The antenna might need to have the elbow removed from the original. I just took and slipped it into the case. The tension bands can be O rings BUT.. these are printed parts SO.. no real high tension!.. I used slices of Latex tubing (5/8in).

Grimracer DSC00027.JPG DSC00025.JPG DSC00026.JPG DSC00027.JPG DSC00028.JPG DSC00029.JPG

Grim,
Love the mix of humor and good technical info, this should help some guys out with what is still a great Futaba radio IMHO. Oh by the way, both my 3PMX antennae are now in the permanently “erect” position LOL

My new 7PXR continues to amaze me as I explore all the options, thanks for the tip on adjusting rudder servo speed (never thought of that) and can’t wait to actually get a boat wet soon with the GPS telemetry and lap time capabilities.

Wallster

Thanks Wally.. the 7PX is an incredible system.. best I have ever used..

The good old 3PM radios were and are good systems.. we just need to keep them going!

Grim

Grim
How does that mount to the radio to stay in place.I would be interested in one for my 3PM

Dave Roach

Dave, it can be pressed in place over the tower.. (its a nice snug fit) however a small dab of shoe goo or just about anything,, will keep it in place.. the same for the antenna.

Grim

Big question is...........did the radio actually work for you? it certainly did not for me.
Im guessing operator error but why did another transmitter work on same receiver.
Please dont answer that, could have been as you have stated erectile dysfunction.
Richard

So far all is well. I have the transmitter and receiver test rig ready to go.

I was hoping to test it this last weekend but was unable to.

So far.. all aspects of the radio are working from simple menu items to the Failsafe.. BUT.. I need to range check it.

She just might be back from the dead!

Grim

Any color you want.. even PINK!..LOL..

I will be uploading to Thingiverse tonight.. there you ether down load the files or have them print them for you..

Grim

Gang,

You can now go to Thingiverse and download the part files. OR contact them to print the parts. got a bud who prints? then you have a solution.

use Futaba 3pm or Grimracer to search for the parts...

Enjoy from your Buds Grimracer and Richard H...

You’ve mentioned everything but how much. I have 6 3PMX‘s, one with a busted antenna.

How much for 6 of them?

Grim,
Love the mix of humor and good technical info, this should help some guys out with what is still a great Futaba radio IMHO. Oh by the way, both my 3PMX antennae are now in the permanently “erect” position LOL

My new 7PXR continues to amaze me as I explore all the options, thanks for the tip on adjusting rudder servo speed (never thought of that) and can’t wait to actually get a boat wet soon with the GPS telemetry and lap time capabilities.

Wallster
Wally, just a heads up. I found that, with my 4PLS, I needed to slow the rudder down to around 50% to keep my boat from being "twitchy". I don't know what kind or size of boat you have, mine is a scale 2000 Elam so your boat may like a different setting.

Wally, just a heads up. I found that, with my 4PLS, I needed to slow the rudder down to around 50% to keep my boat from being "twitchy". I don't know what kind or size of boat you have, mine is a scale 2000 Elam so your boat may like a different setting.
I need 2 of these things and do not have a printer who will do it for me and I will pay you
thanks
Walt Barney

O K Who has a printer as I would like 2 of the ED antenna fixes,if someone could print out two I will pay you for them.
Thanks
Walt Barney

I need 2 of these things and do not have a printer who will do it for me and I will pay you
thanks
Walt Barney

O K Who has a printer as I would like 2 of the ED antenna fixes,if someone could print out two I will pay you for them.
Thanks
Walt Barney
Walt. Get with Dave Roach. There awesome and fit really nice.

Back