counter rotating out board

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fire it up backwards,,,will run just the way it is...not as good but it will run...im confused though,,,why would you want to do such a thing???? tryin to turn a o/b into a i/b??? or vise versa,??

alden

The flex cable would need to be replaced with a cable that is wound in the opposite direction.

You may also have problems with the prop-shaft assembly wanting to unscrew itself.

If using the nitro powerhead as opposed to an Electric conversion, the crankshaft would also have to be changed to suit running in the opposite direction.

The flex cable would need to be replaced with a cable that is wound in the opposite direction.

You may also have problems with the prop-shaft assembly wanting to unscrew itself.

If using the nitro powerhead as opposed to an Electric conversion, the crankshaft would also have to be changed to suit running in the opposite direction.
i wanted to do a twin with counter rotating props,i have a 3.5 twin and it runs good ,i wanted to do a 7.5 twin

i wanted to do a twin with counter rotating props,i have a 3.5 twin and it runs good ,i wanted to do a 7.5 twin
You are going to be limited by your propeller choice. I don't think Octura makes too many LH props.

If you have the old 12mm crank (with the pressed in crank pin), you can run an inboard crank (or the old car crank. You should be able to press out the crank pin on a press. Then press in a an outboard pin to drive the PTO. You can not do the same with the one piece crank.

Or you can also turn the front housing 90 degree...The old K&B inboard uses an outboard crank but with the housing turned 90 degree to make it run CCW.

kez

Latest posts

Back