competitive 3.5 tunnel question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice looking boat rodney. !! maybe we will finallly get to meet in person this year and do some rubbing on the course.

He means that you can do internal modifcations to the os or k&b and still run Stock A tunnel in Florida provided you don't add a tuned pipe. Then you can run the same boat in A tunnel.
"in Florida" is key wording since it would not be legal in other NAMBA districts or at the NAMBA Nats.

JD

Thing is Jerry how is anyone going to know if the engine is modded on the inside and looks completely stock on the outside. Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, The point is If you run a stock motor you can race two classes with one boat. Just make sure you read the defintion of stock in your rule book.

Wasnt me in bold print, yes in a national i see the boats being broke down, we had a national here in Florida where nothing got broke down when it should have reason being they said not enough time. That was my first and last national i race District and want to do just some away races, i have always followed the rules and will do so unlike alot out there. Robert

cobra 2 ????? not many of this boat were made in 2012 but it does run well. and they are competively priced.

it may not be a stellar performer like the lynx or as beautifully crafted as a vision. but in a field of the best of the best it cant be denied. (3rd place, hobart open tunnel 2012) and (1ST PLACE in charleston, A mod tunnel 2012)
Dan I heard good things about you and your Cobra last year in the Mn race you attended! Hope you can make it again!

Ok folks.....I know that no one wants to give up speed secrets......but where do I go to find out how to modify an engine? wether it be my old k&b engines or the new O S or Rossi ?

Mark,

I don’t have any secrets. My engines are bone aZZ stock. I am way past the point of hiding anything and I thing you will find that the case of most all of us on here.

If you like to however get an Engine Analysis program from Marty Davis. You can tap in numbers “before” you cut.

Grim

I don't ever want to be acused of having a stock motor! :eek: Get you a V2 OS take the head shim out and play with props. When you think you have it as fast as you can get it play with more props. If you want to run modified Nova Rossi is a better choice in my opinion but its double the expense. OS= ready to mount and run. Nova Rossi power head needs foot(lower unit)+header+pipe to make a complete outboard. Some other engines are available. These are just the most popular in my area.

Mark,

I don’t have any secrets. My engines are bone aZZ stock. I am way past the point of hiding anything and I thing you will find that the case of most all of us on here.

If you like to however get an Engine Analysis program from Marty Davis. You can tap in numbers “before” you cut.

Grim
I got the chance to race against Grim. I had the Mod Thunder tiger he had the stock OS. He was first I was running second ... I hooked the boat and stalled out :( Needless to say I think I was gaining on his stock boat but his driving ability and setup was way faster then my mod boat.

I guess what I'm saying is start with the stock OS and when you feel you are ready for more speed you will already have the lower you need! That weekend I believe Grim had a perfect score racing his stock boat in the mod class cause his setup was solid!

Lots of good advice here. For anyone starting out the OS is a great choice as it runs well and the carb needles very easily. If you want HP add a tune pipe and the OS will wake up a bit. Not as strong as a Nova but will be capable of winning anywhere even in the mod class. Two bolts and 5 minutes and you have a piped motor that can switch back between heats to sport class. We have done this without changing the needle many times. You can always buy more power later but the OS will allow you to learn setup and props ratther than chasing a needle on a finicky motor.

Mic

Two bolts and 5 mins.?? Are you switching out the leg or motor - Mic.??
He is talking about the muffler and switching to a pipe :)
I guess I can't remember how an OS leg is shaped for the muffler section. If you switch-out for a tuned pipe to make it mod., then you must have have a cut-out in the STOCK leg. Is this legal for stock?
Here's what she looks like

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBBLY&P=7

Latest posts

Back