competitive 3.5 tunnel question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this vision appears to have had a couple different engines mounted to it in its life....is there a standard engine mounting bolt size and thread count that everyone uses or is it a matter of choice for who is putting it together....there is a set of holes drilled that will match the os mounting plate but they have silicone in them and gonna be tough to tell what they are

looks very nice, but the worse color possible. You wont be able to tell the boat is there when its dead in the water. needs to have some white/brite colors on it. Or it WILL eventually get run over.

Mark, no problem! Not trying to be mean as it turned out very nice. Just would hate to see it get run over is all.

Rodney I appreciate that...I was just showing you all what you all have helped create with your advice....got some more colors planned

Rodney is spot on Mark. Most of us have already made that mistake with bad results..... ;) If you are planning to race you want to make sure it can be seen clearly top and bottom if it is dead on the water. Black is nearly impossible to see during the heat of battle. I have seen some guys paint yellow, white, or red stripes on both sides of their black boats in ways that give sufficient contrast for standing out on the water. Good luck with finishing your build. What engine/lower are you planning for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark, I guess black may be harder to see but I have ran a black tunnel boat for years and it has never been hit.

Saying that,.......... It would not be my choice of color if I was going to paint a boat it was that color when I bought it.

Rodney is spot on Mark. Most of us have already made that mistake with bad results..... ;) If you are planning to race you want to make sure it can be seen clearly top and bottom if it is dead on the water. Black is nearly impossible to see during the heat of battle. I have seen some guys paint yellow, white, or red stripes on both sides of their black boats in ways that give sufficient contrast for standing out on the water. Good luck with finishing your build. What engine/lower are you planning for it?
Ron,

Right now Ive got a O S VII to put on it havent bought a pipe or good prop yet but got what I think is a good plan from all of the great advice I have received from everyone on this thread!! Salisbury pipe and Shoboat prop what do you think

Ron,

Right now Ive got a O S VII to put on it havent bought a pipe or good prop yet but got what I think is a good plan from all of the great advice I have received from everyone on this thread!!

Salisbury pipe and Shoboat prop what do you think
Perfect choice!!!!..... :D

Big shout out of thanks to Rene Danner !!!!!! this guy rocks!!! I appreciate all of the help on the Vison Soon to be fast it will

Back