Competition Marine Design - Andy Brown

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear if any of you are having the same frustrations as I am having attempting to get ordered parts from CMDi - Andy Brown?
It all depends on what you need. Andy and Donna are pretty much doing it alone,just not like the old days when they had more stock than Santa.

Believe me guys, I have called and emailed Andy/Donna a ton of times. The telephone doesn't get answered, and there's no answering service or machine where you can leave a message. Emails rarely get answered either. I did hear from Andy one time. He explained that both he and Donna had been sick a lot, and did apologize for their poor follow through. On that occasion Andy committed to have my order out in the mail to me the following week. It's been 2 weeks since then and still it has not been shipped. I have a friend who is going through the same thing. We're both working on SGX projects. CMDi has had my money since Oct. 22, 2010, and I do not have the ordered parts as of Jan 15th! If Donna/Andy had been up front about this LONG turn around time, I would not be so upset. To the contrary, they never gave any indication of such an exaggerated order fulfillment cycle. I do understand the current business environment that all small enterprises like CMDi are facing. I know times are tough, but I still feel that there is no excuse for such poor customer service. Timely communication with your customers can usually resolve most any issue. Poor communication will only cause feelings of being taken advantage of, and that's where I am today with CMDi! I have been given at least 3 dates when my parts where to be shipped. None of those shipping commitments have been kept. I am sorry that I ever started this SGX project!

Andy has been my friend for several years and I've been very happy with his products.

But, it is tough to make a living in the model boat business. When things get busy, Andy and Donna will get way behind. There is only the two of them at CMDI now and I would think that the holiday season had a lot to do with puting them behind.

I certainly hope everything works out for you.

Al Hobbs

I just ordered a set of pipe stingers from him. I havn't got them yet but his communication has been great. I just ordered a couple of days ago so I will let you know.

Bird

Pete,

If there is anything I have that will help you maybe complete your project (I don't know exactly what you need) let me know.

I carry just a few things and we can settle up "at cost"(parts replacement or monetary) when you resolve your issues.

I don't have hull or rudder parts but almost everything between.

Tim

JE Products

I'm curious to hear if any of you are having the same frustrations as I am having attempting to get ordered parts from CMDi - Andy Brown?

pete, unfortunately communication sometimes is not one of andy's strong points. this is build season, so i would believe he and donna are busy. not making excuses for them, just trying to reassure you. i've had to wait a while a few times, calls & e-mails went unanswered. i agree it is maddening, but your stuff will appear. if you want to take tim up on his offer, i race with him over here in d-12, he is a straight shooter, imo ;) . take care, buddy, i'll try calling you tomorrow am, haven't talked in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete,

Yes Pete there are several customers waiting on parts from CMDi, some patiently some not so patiently.

As I explained to you a couple of weeks ago we had an overwhelming amount of orders in the same month that you ordered your parts. To further add to the lead time after that big influx of orders, Donna and I have both had issues with our health for the past couple of months. We are both working in the shop and have little time for answering the phone or e-mails. Yes, we promised shipping dates, but things just don't always go as planned, just as I am here explaining myself again after being pulled away from another waiting customer's project.

John, is still building boat parts on a limited basis and our prop shop is still functioning at normal capacity as always.

Pete, Your order was shipped Thursday, USPS tracking # 9406 2036 9930 0008 5882 48.

I also mounted your front sponsons to the boom tubes just as you asked at no charge.

Thanks,

Andy

Pete,

Yes Pete there are several customers waiting on parts from CMDi, some patiently some not so patiently.

As I explained to you a couple of weeks ago we had an overwhelming amount of orders in the same month that you ordered your parts. To further add to the lead time after that big influx of orders, Donna and I have both had issues with our health for the past couple of months. We are both working in the shop and have little time for answering the phone or e-mails. Yes, we promised shipping dates, but things just don't always go as planned, just as I am here explaining myself again after being pulled away from another waiting customer's project.

John, is still building boat parts on a limited basis and our prop shop is still functioning at normal capacity as always.

Pete, Your order was shipped Thursday, USPS tracking # 9406 2036 9930 0008 5882 48.

I also mounted your front sponsons to the boom tubes just as you asked at no charge.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy it's good to hear you and John are back at it together , you guy's build beautifull boats and hardware.

Hope you guy's have a great year :)

Pete,

Thanks,

Andy

Andy it's good to hear you and John are back at it together , you guy's build beautifull boats and hardware.

Hope you guy's have a great year :)
Ive known Andy and John for over 20years now and can honestly say they are the backbone of nitro riggers, we all should be thankful that we have people like them in our hobby..yes some times ive had to wait a bit longer for my order but what you get from cmdi is nothing but TOP quality products, and i feel its worth the wait. Keep up the good work Andy and Donna and thanks for

supporting our hobby.

Well I understand how waiting a long time can be upsetting. But my family's company has been in business since 1949 and things have defiantly change since,especially in todays economy.We no longer are keeping a 6 month supply in are two warehouses but just keeping enough for 15-30 days just so we can keep are payables down and are cash flow steady.We like CMDI sell a higher quality product then others so we to have 90 to even 180 day lead time on some of are products.I am happy to give my Business to CMDI cause I know that what I pay for is most certainly what I get and if I have to weight for it well then its worth the weight.

Pete,

If there is anything I have that will help you maybe complete your project (I don't know exactly what you need) let me know.

I carry just a few things and we can settle up "at cost"(parts replacement or monetary) when you resolve your issues.

I don't have hull or rudder parts but almost everything between.

Tim

JE Products

Tim, what a nice offer, although I don't think you can help. I have on order with CMDi a set of sponsons with pins set, boom tubes, turn fin, cowl and rear wings. THANK YOU for your offer to help!

Pete,

Thanks,

Andy
Well Andy, the level of support that is being shown on this thread says exactly what I was always lead to believe about CMDi and Andy Brown...top quality and head & shoulders above the competition! That is the exact reason that I was so excited when I started this project. I, too, was going to have an Andy Brown boat in my fleet. I couldn't wait. I bragged to everyone about it. Possibly if you had been up front with me when my order was placed in regards to the possible LONG turn around time, I wouldn't have had this disappointment, but there was no such feedback from you at all. To the contrary, I went storming off doing everything that I could in preparation for completing this build. I even set a date and paid in advance to a graphics guy to get the boat painted. Ever had the wind taken out of your sails...well that's what happened to me. Again had I known about your lengthy order fulfillment process, I could have programmed myself accordingly. I have never dealt with CMDi before. Your repeat customers obviously have insight here that I don't. All I knew was that I was dealing with one of the premier names in the hobby.

On checking the tracking number shown in your message, USPS shows that they have only been notified that a package is coming to them from you to be shipped to me. They claim that they have not received that package as of yet. A friend of mine is having the same frustration with you. He was given a "Click & Ship" tracking number from Donna several weeks back. After approx. a week with no delivery, he informed Donna. She said the package must have gotten lost by the postal service. To date, he still hasn't gotten his parts either, ALTHOUGH he did just this week get notification that the postal service did receive the package from you all which hopefully means that his parts are now actually in route. His order with you all was placed prior to mine.

So Andy, I apologize for taking you away from your work, but just maybe you can understand my perspective and my disappointment. Going forward I would like to suggest that Donna ensures that "new" customers are informed of a realistic expectation regarding CMDi's order fulfillment. I will do my best to stay positive in regards to possible future business with CMDi, and I hope we can do that.

P.S. When I placed my order and asked about mounting the sponson pins, I was never quoted a charge for doing that. To the contrary, it was offered at no charge. I have no problem paying for services rendered. I think I've already shown that. You should also know that several individuals who claim to have had a similar experience with CMDi are PMing me about it. I guess they worry that sharing it in public may damage future business needs with you.

Andy is a great guy and i have talk to him. He has alot of knowledge and has the best this hobby has to offer. we have to be patient their health is one and its only Andy doing the work and donna tryin to help him out.

i feel your fustration my friend but when you do get what you need it is top notch quality.

Life has ways to slow us down and he is trying his best to ensure everyone is happy with their product. from props to boats and parts Hes a A++ in my book it make take a time to recieve your parts but better for it to take time than for you to get poor quality parts i would prefer to wait plus its TOY boats we play with here it wont be the end of the world guys give Andy some credit for not quitting on this hobby that needs a person of his talents.

PS: Andy keep up the good work my friend and i have your starter ill be giving it to you at the winternats thank you for everything you have done and still doing for this hobby..

Respectfuly;

Julian J Conde

Long delivery is ok as long as you inform the customer(s).

Due to personal experinece I'm concidering a new supplier now when I need/want an Octura X448.

And I have money refunded at CMDi...

I'm sure Andy (and Donna) are super nice persons and that they don't mean any harm, but business is business.

Read about my experience

I just bought a couple fo .21 front housings from Andy and they were to me in less than a week from PayPal. Can't get much better than that. Stu is the only one that gets it to you faster. I couldn't be happier with the service that I got. B)

i have only dealt with andy a few times. every time my order arrived quickly. i was attempting to reassure pete/getnoff that his order would show up, & that in the building season andy is very busy & not concerned about the phone, but is more concerned about catching up with the demand. it will still drive some folks crazy, though.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back