Competition Marine Design - Andy Brown

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience obi wan you will get your stuff im sure thats not the only project you have

julian

I too got my latest order within a few days. I guess it depends if what you want is in stock. I have a similar issue with the pipes I build. My real job that pays the bills can be very demanding. On top of that is a chaotic personal life for the last few years. That's one reason I don't accept payment until the item is ready to ship. THe iossue for me is finding the block of time required to start the work. When doing a layup, I can't start, and them be pulled aweay. It is all or nothing, or throw away a bunch of materials.

At times I have waited for a product from Andy, but it was my choice. If the wait seemed too long, I would drop a tickler email after a few months. In one case I sent Andy a new MAC21 liner that needed a piston. Andy intended to be machining pistons in the next few months. I patiently waited for about 6 months, and when I next contacted Andy, he didn't know when he would be able to supply the piston; so I requested the sleeve back, and I received it less than 1 week later. I realize that my case may be unique in that I didn't have a rigid time table for my parts orders.

In summary., Andy is a one man show and does his best. Sometimes things beyond his control stretch out a delivery, but the delivery always comes through. Life just sometimes gets in the way. And when one is trying to do the work, the communication is the first thing to slip by the wayside. When you're working 16 hours a day trying to get caught up, the last thing you want to do is answer 20-30 emails. If there was a staff to do that, it would be great, but there isn't. In trhe end, if you're not happy with your situation, take your business somewhere else. But don't go out on the internet an incessantly rant about your service.

I have another hobby where I got in on a group buy back in May where I put down about $1k for a product that I have yet to receive. I was one of many, and the insults and innuendos to the buy facilitator were ridiculous. Comments of fraud and personal insults. I wasn't worried because I happen to work about 5 minutes from the shop, and knew the situation. Which by the way was completely beyond the shops control, it was the OEM supplier's issue. But everyone jumped on the bandwagon when they didn't get regular updates from the shop.. In the end I doubt this shop will ever facilitate a group buy again; I know I wouldn't. It wouldn't be worth the hassle; they passed the items on at cost, no profit. In the end the group loses because they lost a source to facilitate a great deal for a relatively small group. I am comfortable that I got a great deal on my purchase, even if it took a while.

So in summary, calm down, and handle your issue privately. Dragging things up in public does not resolve your issue. In my case, I react very negatively to this sort of bashing. I would refund someone's $$ and tell them to take their business elsewhere. That's probably why I'm not in business for myself, my skin's too thin.

My $0.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay..enough is enough! Lets END this thing. I appreciate all of the feedback, and in closing please recognize that I never questioned CMDi's expertise or quality of product. To the contrary, I think I clearly stated that I always viewed them as one of the premier business names in the hobby. Without question, they are.

I remain firm that I feel that any business should always be crystal clear in regards to their product delivery times, especially with NEW customers. When the order is placed the customer should know what to expect. Being 'surprised' with a 3-month or longer turn around time is not the 'right' way to welcome a new customer regardless of your industry reputation. Communication is key in business and will always go a long way in resolving customers issues. I was never informed by CMDi of this extended turn around time. In fact I was lead to believe that there would be no problem with my order at all. I was given several shipping commitments through the months, and none of those have been kept. Not even the most recent one shared with all of you by Andy. As of today, that tracking number shown in Andy's response still does not show that the package has been received by the postal service. So if misleading a customer is okay with you, then God Bless! It doesn't work for me. I prefer the truth!

Done.......

you will get your stuff you will be fine.. ITS JUST BOATS.. Pete we are all human sometimes deadlines can not be made you dont know whats going on with the other party.. you will get you stuff relax

julian

Be careful with USPS tracking number info. I have received items before the USPS updated the tracking info.

Dido..
Yup, if you need a package to be trackable, ship UPS or FedEx.

Yes! As I wrote on this public forum. We took it to the post office on THURSDAY. It was shipped to California via Priority mail.

It should probably get there tomorrow ( Tuesday ). As I recall the label was applied across a ridge on the box and there was a roll

through the Bar Code. I suspect the scanner just didn't pick it up.

Also as I said, we had a very big increase in sales the month that Pete ordered his parts, in fact the biggest month since 2008. On top of that Donna and I have both had issues with our health since the time all of those orders came in. So in this case there is know way we could have been "Crystal clear".

There is no way we could know the future, but we are doing our best to get the work done.

Pete, Thank the big guy upstairs that I didn't have a heart attack before YOUR order was shipped.

Good boating,

Andy

We all need to take care of our health, because without it you have nothing.

Be careful with USPS tracking number info. I have received items before the USPS updated the tracking info.

Dido..

Yes! As I wrote on this public forum. We took it to the post office on THURSDAY. It was shipped to California via Priority mail.

It should probably get there tomorrow ( Tuesday ). As I recall the label was applied across a ridge on the box and there was a roll

Also as I said, we had a very big increase in sales the month that Pete ordered his parts, in fact the biggest month since 2008. On top of that Donna and I have both had issues with our health since the time all of those orders came in. So in this case there is know way we could have been "Crystal clear".

There is no way we could know the future, but we are doing our best to get the work done.

Pete, Thank the big guy upstairs that I didn't have a heart attack before YOUR order was shipped.

Good boating,

Andy

I had said that I was done with this, but since it's you, Andy, I will jump back on. Again, I never questioned your product quality or industry expertise. I only questioned your perceived (from my perspective anyway) poor customer service practices. You seem to keep overlooking the fact that I have been given SEVERAL shipping commitments by Donna. None of which were kept. It was the accumulation over time of this erroneous communication, that culminated into my current upset. I was patient. I accepted all of the feedback in regards to sickness and other issues that were shared. It was this most recent situation with the tracking number that ended up being the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back!" Why? Because a very good friend of mine just experienced the exact same scenario with you...a tracking number that didn't turn out to be valid. He was then told that the shipment must have been lost by the postal service. Weeks later, he was given a new tracking number that now is validated by the postal service as being a package received into their services from CMDi. My situation combined with his, got to me. I had no doubt that I was soon to hear from Donna that my parts must have gotten lost by the postal service! Obviously I projected that into meaning that it was going to another several weeks before I'd see my parts from you.

Andy, I want to believe that you actually did ship my parts on 1/7/11. Again, I would suggest that Donna be very clear with 'new' customers that do not know you or your business cycles, that the fulfillment of their order may take months. Give new customers the choice of looking to other sources if they do not choose to accept that timing. Possibly you could also consider taking a deposit with the balance to be paid upon order shipment. There certainly needs to be better communication.

In closing, I would have felt terrible if you had suffered a heart attack, and I would never wish such calamity on anyone. At the same time if this had come to bear, I would have asked for an immediate refund.

Dido..

Good boating,

Andy

I had said that I was done with this, but since it's you, Andy, I will jump back on. Again, I never questioned your product quality or industry expertise. I only questioned your perceived (from my perspective anyway) poor customer service practices. You seem to keep overlooking the fact that I have been given SEVERAL shipping commitments by Donna. None of which were kept. It was the accumulation over time of this erroneous communication, that culminated into my current upset. I was patient. I accepted all of the feedback in regards to sickness and other issues that were shared. It was this most recent situation with the tracking number that ended up being the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back!" Why? Because a very good friend of mine just experienced the exact same scenario with you...a tracking number that didn't turn out to be valid. He was then told that the shipment must have been lost by the postal service. Weeks later, he was given a new tracking number that now is validated by the postal service as being a package received into their services from CMDi. My situation combined with his, got to me. I had no doubt that I was soon to hear from Donna that my parts must have gotten lost by the postal service! Obviously I projected that into meaning that it was going to another several weeks before I'd see my parts from you.

Andy, I want to believe that you actually did ship my parts on 1/7/11. Again, I would suggest that Donna be very clear with 'new' customers that do not know you or your business cycles, that the fulfillment of their order may take months. Give new customers the choice of looking to other sources if they do not choose to accept that timing. Possibly you could also consider taking a deposit with the balance to be paid upon order shipment. There certainly needs to be better communication.

In closing, I would have felt terrible if you had suffered a heart attack, and I would never wish such calamity on anyone. At the same time if this had come to bear, I would have asked for an immediate refund.
whoop whoop send this thread to the big round hoop

In closing, I would have felt terrible if you had suffered a heart attack, and I would never wish such calamity on anyone. At the same time if this had come to bear, I would have asked for an immediate refund

pete

ARE YOU SERIOUS PLEASE COME ONE

******** ITS TOY FREAKING BOATS*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back