CMB MOTORS!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
Bruce and I have a few motors that we are cutting the price alot to move them out. Some of these are priced at 2006 prices or better. These are new in the box. This sale will be over on January 9th, 2010 and only a few are available.

21RS Outboard $350.00

21RS $320.00

21 Valvola $375.00 (2006 motors with extra 2008 piston/liner)

45HR $415.00

45RS $460.00

80RS $430.00 (honed liner version)

91HR $425.00 (drawbar carb version)

Call me at 317-462-9978 or email me at [email protected]. First come, first served.

THANKS!

Stu Barr

Do you generally find much difference in the honed liners to the standard finish (persumably ground finish) to motors in general. Regards Martin.

Do you generally find much difference in the honed liners to the standard finish (persumably ground finish) to motors in general. Regards Martin.
Martin,

I hone the liners of all my own personal motors. On the 80RS liner that had a "saber" port, customers were originally breaking the liners. All 80RS's after that had the liners honed before I sold them. None of my liners ever broke and I wind my 80's up like 45's. I learned this trick from John Ackerman many years ago.

Stu

Stuart what tooling do you use to hone the tapers, I am a firm believer in honed finish cross hatch in the bores. I have to use 80% methanol 20% castor for racing ( thems the regulations) and find the cross hatch finish over the very smooth ground finish to give a much better compression seal which is vital when not useing any nitro. Which with cross hatching also gives more torque lower down, Vital for launch with bigger props. Martin.

What's the difference between the .45 HS and RS? I see one's $45 more than the other so I'm curious why

Last edited by a moderator:
the HR 45 is similar in appearance to the old CAM 45,

and the RS 45 is similar looking to the 90/91/1.00/101 short crank motors.

Carl

Stuart what tooling do you use to hone the tapers, I am a firm believer in honed finish cross hatch in the bores. I have to use 80% methanol 20% castor for racing ( thems the regulations) and find the cross hatch finish over the very smooth ground finish to give a much better compression seal which is vital when not useing any nitro. Which with cross hatching also gives more torque lower down, Vital for launch with bigger props. Martin.
Martin,

I use a Sunnen hone. This is the hand held version and it is important to feel the traction on the liner. I believe I am getting about twice the life out of the piston liner fit. Very little material is removed, but the visual fininsh in the seal area is much smoother. As long as I am patient in breaking in the motor, it will last 4-5 years of use.

Stu

Stuart, Do the 45 RS and HR use the same piston & sleeve?

Thanks,

Glenn

What's the difference between the .45 HS and RS? I see one's $45 more than the other so I'm curious why

The 45 HR engine uses a single piece crank and the longer flywheel. The 45 RS are styled, as Carl noted, like the EVO motors, and have a 2 piece crank. They are very durable but are a pain to work on. I personally prefer the HR styled smaller block engines and like the 90 EVO. But that is just me.

Sounds like I need to get some $$$$$ together. How many of the 45HR's do you have left? It may take a bit to get the cash together so question 2 is how long will the sale last?

Stu,

Is the 80RS just like the little brother, 45RS and if so, does the 80RS take a 67 piston and sleeve like the Greenheads?

Thanks,

Dave

Stu,

Is the 80RS just like the little brother, 45RS and if so, does the 80RS take a 67 piston and sleeve like the Greenheads?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave,

The 80RS is not like the 45RS. The 80RS is a single piece crank and the 45RS is a 3 piece crank. However, The 80RS can use a 67HR piston, liner and head.

Stu

Latest posts

Back