CMB 3.5 outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dion26

hey every 1 i just got a wof 30 with a cmb 3.5 on it and i took it out 2 day and it just dont seem like it wants 2 go any help plz needle settings engine hight any thing

thanks guys later dion

Last edited by a moderator:
dion26 said:
hey every 1 i just got a wof 30 with a cmb 3.5 on it and i took it out 2 day and it just dont seem like it wants 2 go any help plz needle settings engine hight any thing thanks guys later dion

106465[/snapback]

To start with:

What prop are you using?

What fuel are you using?

What is your eng hight?

What leanth is your pipe?

TTYL

Chris

hey all its not realy going as well as i have seen it go dave sent me a vidio of it going and it not going any wer near that i tryed riching it and leaning it every time i lent it of it keept on stalling and every time i richened it it look 2 rich i tryed going in the midle but same thing keeped happening

prop X440

FULE 40%

pipe 120mm

engine hight 5mm above the bottom of the sponsens

thanks all dion

Pulsetech said:
Dion Lift the engine to reduce load try another 5mm for starterstry going down a prop size ie. x437 p215

Im not familiar with the spp but try it longer just in case

do you have a header tank installed

106470[/snapback]

ok ill try that i got a X438 would that b a good prop 2 use

If that is Dave's old boat - we ran it with an X438 with ears removed and Barr cut - it hauled! By the way the P215 will act larger than the X440 ;)

Fit the X438, and keep raising the engine until the nose starts to porpoise in the straights, then lower it a fraction to stop the porpoising.

Also - check that the Lawless isn't binding up.

hey tim ya its daves old boat the sharft was losse wen i got it and i thought i fix it but the same thing happend again the thread is all gon so i think i ned a new leg later dion

ps wot did u mean about the leg

If it were me I'd try and stick to the 2 blader's - but give the 3 blade a try - it might surprise...... the P215 is a great prop in mod form - one of my fave's - but I know the X438 was working on that boat earlier this year so that was why I suggested it.

Let us know how you go guys!

Tim.

I run my Wof/MAC about 1/4 up with a P215 (backcut) and it's going well at the moment.

I had a problem at the nats, the lawless didn't like the flex shaft that I was using and it snapped. I changed to another type and..... bob's ya uncle! It unloaded. Make shore that it is well lubricated and is not worn through the Teflon tubing.

TTYL

Chris

Do you have a setup board to accurately measure the prop shaft height?

dion26 said:
cjm102 said:
Do you have a setup board to accurately measure the prop shaft height?
106482[/snapback]

na i dont but i can make 1

106483[/snapback]

good idea!

Also run neutral trim.

Chris

dion26 said:
cjm102 said:
neutral trim: no angle of the eng.

Chris

106486[/snapback]

so wot its dead straight is that wot u mean ya

106487[/snapback]

YEP!

Run the prop shaft parallel with the sponsons 1/8th to 1/4 up.

Jerry told me the setup for his Wof was x440, neutral and up 1/8th.

I'll leave this one alone now and go and do somthing else :unsure:

TTYL

Chris

A lot of times we run boats and if they don't run right we assume it's the motor. However, did you check to make sure you don't have a bearing leak? Or perhaps check to make sure the spring is really keeping the pipe and coupler on tight? On CMB's that rubber grommet inside the pipes wear out and needs to be replaced from time to time. Another thing I do, I add a second spring, just drill two small holes on opposite sides of the header and now add the second spring. By getting the header spring to pull up as tight as possible you be sure not to have any air leaks there either.

As for a prop try a 637 or 640 as well as what everyone else already suggested.

:lol: "Bob's ya uncle" :lol: Gotta be a "OZ" thing! :lol: :lol: (post #12)

Did you get that Rodney?

Hey Rodney, Do you have a CMB OB?? If you do I was wonderin' if you could give me the dia of the "exhaust nipple", I'm back lookin' for another type of header for my Tiger's,, aluminum in nature. At one time I saw a pic of the CMB and the header that was on it "looked" like what I need.

PS: I like those props you suggested :)

Latest posts

Back