Cincinnati Man Dies while swimming after his RC boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9News was told that Marvin Wayne Bowling, of Lockland, who is approximately 40-years-old, was operating a remote-controlled boat with friends when his boat apparently stalled

O man....

Somebody needs to send this to that joker from Boat Modeler...

Heart goes out to the family.. Its not easy watching a loved one get pulled from the water...

Grim

That's why I stressed to always have a life jacket with you when yo ugoing model boating the tempation is jsut too great to go in after your model. Everyone is not as young as they used to be !

That's why I stressed to always have a life jacket with you when yo ugoing model boating the tempation is jsut too great to go in after your model. Everyone is not as young as they used to be !
Even when I was younger, and that was really "back in the day," I wore a life jacket. Common sense is another one of those things that cannot be legislated. Hell, even if it could it wouldn't stop folks from making poor decisions.

JD

O man....

Heart goes out to the family.. Its not easy watching a loved one get pulled from the water...

Grim

Yep Mike I was thinking that same thing. Only it was the R/C car magazine.......Did you happen to read the next monthes article from him? He commented on all the complaints he received from "us Boaters"

It is not only your life a life jacket protects, but others around you as well. I have faced a dilemma when I saw someone overturn a boat in cold water with no jacket. Now I have to make a decision to go in to help or potentially watch a friend drown. How would you feel if you did not wear one, managed to make it back, but a passerby or maybe a life long friend drowned trying to help. Please wear a life jacket when your retrieve your boat! I love my kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
O man....

Grim

Yep Mike I was thinking that same thing. Only it was the R/C car magazine.......Did you happen to read the next monthes article from him? He commented on all the complaints he received from "us Boaters"
Chris,

yea thats right.. No i did not see that.. I need to follow up.

Mike

O man....

Grim

Chris,

yea thats right.. No i did not see that.. I need to follow up.

Mike
let us know how it goes Mr. Twinkletoes :)

That is so sad to hear since Cincy has such a great club and pond to run at. Believe it would be about 1/2 hour drive from Loveland to the club pond.

Doubt the water temp was any factor. The club pond is warm..

Maybe Mr. Twinkletoes will let us know how he has leveraged his considerable weight and leverage in the RC car industry, and copy us on his correspondence.......

Maybe Mr. Twinkletoes will let us know how he has leveraged his considerable weight and leverage in the RC car industry, and copy us on his correspondence.......
Dude,

You don’t like me and that’s OK with me, I don’t care.. can you chill out however and maybe not do that on this thread. A man died thinking he was going to go home to his family after messing around with his boats for gods sake...

Grim

Dude,

You don’t like me and that’s OK with me, I don’t care.. can you chill out however and maybe not do that on this thread. A man died thinking he was going to go home to his family after messing around with his boats for gods sake...

Grim
I agree with Grim! Back off man. Think before you speak. if you have derogitory coments to say start a new thread. You need to think why this thread was started have a little respect.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family!

Back