Chunky engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most guys use the bell crank system with a servo in the box hooked to a bell crank. This allows use of plastic push rods coming out of the bulkhead and a finer more consistent adjustment. I can send you a pic of this setup if you pm me your email.

Does that junction weigh more than the two brass collars that many use to couple pushrods?

Any thoughts that this throttle linkage could be problematic?

beef.jpg
Should work just fine. Nice setup.

Mine wasn't exactly like this but the weight is near centered in a long spanbetween the carb arms and the servo so the weight will cause it to vibrate up and down . Anyway it might break , it might not . Mine broke three times in diff. places and was a full thrash at the races to fix so i went another route ..no problems since . :D

It will work just fine..............Right up until it breaks. If you look at the pic of the black twin for sale in the sale section. You will see what is more common in the majority of twins. Tom has a point about the vibration. But I think more to the point of the metal needing to send it some where as to the plastic in/out push absorbing it.

OH the most Critical thing!!! Take Flight.........and that linkage is TOAST on landing.

Like the RS MOTORS!!! :p :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Those CMB Metal Needle Valves are a waste of time & effort. Dont flow well without the engines running!! They or a Bob Violet flow valve can be mounted behind the engine also....... Tower hobbies sells a OS needle also.

To help reduce the vibrations you could put a midway support on your center rail to help support the linkage.

Mike

I am sure there is something here that I don't know/understand. But with the carb flipped on one engine, and the arm on the opposite side of it, isn't one carb closing while the other one is opening?? Is there a way to do something to the guts of the carb to make it work right, or am I thinking wrong??

Sean

I am sure there is something here that I don't know/understand. But with the carb flipped on one engine, and the arm on the opposite side of it, isn't one carb closing while the other one is opening?? Is there a way to do something to the guts of the carb to make it work right, or am I thinking wrong??

Sean
looks like the carbs have been modded,and no longer rotate in,they just turn. he has elimated the slot in the barrel

YUP a midway support would be recommended to limit the amplitude of the vibration. The engine vibration is only one part. The boat will be running in choppy water at high speed and that will shake/jar the sugger out of the boat. A greesed nylon guide tied to that center rib should do nicely.

Also be sure to use a good loctite on the set screws holding the rods and make sure the rods don't touch metal ANYWHERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back