China

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they work hard, yes they save their money. If you could live in the land of Milk and Honey, make some money and then go home rich to live w/your family wouldn't you??

Piper, your IN North Carolina?? I saw on the news that the Hispanics from Mexico are crossing the border and saving the farmers and other hard laborers a ton of money by doing the grunt work and other thankless jobs those of N.C are to emarrased to get for themselves. Yup, they complain aout the illegals but are to lazy to go take the jobs back for themselves. Want to stop illegal crossing?? Well, get Americans to work their lazy asses off and go get those crummy jobs they feel are beneath them! Hell, I guess food stamps and welfare show you have more pride then to pck lettuce! YEAH RIGHT![/color][/b]

It was once written that the best cure of poverty is the belly button rubbing against the back bone!

Then, along came all the social programs preaching human dignity. How much dignity is there in accepting hand outs? If it was not for the illegal immigrants working in the underground economy, who would perform all the menial tasks that North Americans are too proud to perform? Exchange proud with lazy and you are getting to the basic problem. Why work when a cheque will be mailed to you if you know the proper forms to fill out or the proper buttons to push?

I live in Canada and have investments. One area is rental properties. I often find myself in an apartment doing repairs while the tenant is sitting in his government provided arm chair, enjoying a beer and smoking a cigarette all courtesy of the social safety net. Oh yeah, his rent is also paid by the same social agency ! Then, to add insult to injury, this same lecherous member of society rants and raves about the injustice of the system. All the while, I am obligated to keep quiet lest my tax dollars further fund a discrimination suit should I challenge this parasitic SOB. And then people wonder why the country is going to hell in a hand cart? There are fewer and fewer people contributing and more and more TAKING because they are entitled BY BIRTH RIGHT!

As Brad stated earlier, don't get me started ! I am getting quite tired of providing.

Combine this attitude of entitlement with impatience and it's small wonder the third world countries are gaining strength. Impatience? Think about it - we want it all and we want it NOW! ! ! Our parents and grand parents bought when they could afford to do so. Boy, were they dumb! Didn''t they know about Visa and Mastercard? In the OLD DAYS, we, a family of 4, grew up in a home that was smaller than the BASEMENT of the house that 2 of us now live in AND FIND TOO SMALL ! The difference is credit and the constant search for cheaper! Enter in off shore suppliers and North Americans are financing their own take over!

Time to shut up now - blood pressure is off the scale. God invented red wine just for occasions like this.

We also limit the number of Visa's (not credit cards) to Chinese people to allow them to come over and visit. WE do not allow many of them to come into the country. I bet most did not know that....
How how about telling the REASON why we do this! It's not because we don't want visitors, it's because too many of them come here and STAY illegally. There are MILLIONS of people in China who hope they can get a visa to come here, melt into the woodwork, and stay long enough for another amnesty program to arrive (Gee, guess what our law makers are discussing right now?). Go to nearly any Chinese restaurant and you'll find at least one person who's here illegally. I didn't get any of this from the newspaper, I got it from talking to people. THIS is the kind of things most people don't know, did you?

Wanna know what they do once they get over here? They work incredibly hard, spend very little money, and send huge sums of $ back home to improve the lives of those they left back in China. Bet you didn't know that either...
I gotta say that's the most racist thng you can say and is highly insensitive to those on the board that are Chinese.

Yes, they work hard, yes they save their money. If you could live in the land of Milk and Honey, make some money and then go home rich to live w/your family wouldn't you??

Piper, your IN North Carolina?? I saw on the news that the Hispanics from Mexico are crossing the border and saving the farmers and other hard laborers a ton of money by doing the grunt work and other thankless jobs those of N.C are to emarrased to get for themselves. Yup, they complain aout the illegals but are to lazy to go take the jobs back for themselves. Want to stop illegal crossing?? Well, get Americans to work their lazy asses off and go get those crummy jobs they feel are beneath them! Hell, I guess food stamps and welfare show you have more pride then to pck lettuce! YEAH RIGHT!

AMEN!

Piper, your IN North Carolina?? I saw on the news that the Hispanics from Mexico are crossing the border and saving the farmers and other hard laborers a ton of money by doing the grunt work and other thankless jobs those of N.C are to emarrased to get for themselves. Yup, they complain aout the illegals but are to lazy to go take the jobs back for themselves. Want to stop illegal crossing?? Well, get Americans to work their lazy asses off and go get those crummy jobs they feel are beneath them! Hell, I guess food stamps and welfare show you have more pride then to pck lettuce! YEAH RIGHT![/color][/b]
It was once written that the best cure of poverty is the belly button rubbing against the back bone!

Then, along came all the social programs preaching human dignity. How much dignity is there in accepting hand outs? If it was not for the illegal immigrants working in the underground economy, who would perform all the menial tasks that North Americans are too proud to perform? Exchange proud with lazy and you are getting to the basic problem. Why work when a cheque will be mailed to you if you know the proper forms to fill out or the proper buttons to push?

I live in Canada and have investments. One area is rental properties. I often find myself in an apartment doing repairs while the tenant is sitting in his government provided arm chair, enjoying a beer and smoking a cigarette all courtesy of the social safety net. Oh yeah, his rent is also paid by the same social agency ! Then, to add insult to injury, this same lecherous member of society rants and raves about the injustice of the system. All the while, I am obligated to keep quiet lest my tax dollars further fund a discrimination suit should I challenge this parasitic SOB. And then people wonder why the country is going to hell in a hand cart? There are fewer and fewer people contributing and more and more TAKING because they are entitled BY BIRTH RIGHT!

As Brad stated earlier, don't get me started ! I am getting quite tired of providing.

Combine this attitude of entitlement with impatience and it's small wonder the third world countries are gaining strength. Impatience? Think about it - we want it all and we want it NOW! ! ! Our parents and grand parents bought when they could afford to do so. Boy, were they dumb! Didn''t they know about Visa and Mastercard? In the OLD DAYS, we, a family of 4, grew up in a home that was smaller than the BASEMENT of the house that 2 of us now live in AND FIND TOO SMALL ! The difference is credit and the constant search for cheaper! Enter in off shore suppliers and North Americans are financing their own take over!

Time to shut up now - blood pressure is off the scale. God invented red wine just for occasions like this.

Myron,

In Live Oak we have hundreds of unemployed people.......and nearly as many HELP WANTED signs. :huh:

There will always be Long Duk Dongs working for $2 a day in China...Just about everyone else in the world works harder, or for less $$ than US AMERICANS, and they will send most of their money back home, because they love their family (they probably worked for minimum wage, anyway..Don't be a hater...If you no like (Made in China), you no buy!!

We also limit the number of Visa's (not credit cards) to Chinese people to allow them to come over and visit. WE do not allow many of them to come into the country. I bet most did not know that....
How how about telling the REASON why we do this! It's not because we don't want visitors, it's because too many of them come here and STAY illegally. There are MILLIONS of people in China who hope they can get a visa to come here, melt into the woodwork, and stay long enough for another amnesty program to arrive (Gee, guess what our law makers are discussing right now?). Go to nearly any Chinese restaurant and you'll find at least one person who's here illegally. I didn't get any of this from the newspaper, I got it from talking to people. THIS is the kind of things most people don't know, did you?

Wanna know what they do once they get over here? They work incredibly hard, spend very little money, and send huge sums of $ back home to improve the lives of those they left back in China. Bet you didn't know that either...
I gotta say that's the most racist thng you can say and is highly insensitive to those on the board that are Chinese.
Please explain why telling the truth is "racist" or "insensensitive"? What are we supposed to do, not express things we know to be true? The legal immigrants I know consider it a slap in the face that so many others are here illegally.

Perhaps, but if that's what they are going to do, WE need to know it so WE can decide whether it's what is best for US and OUR country. And I certainly wouldn't break laws to do it.

Piper, your IN North Carolina?? I saw on the news that the Hispanics from Mexico are crossing the border and saving the farmers and other hard laborers a ton of money by doing the grunt work and other thankless jobs those of N.C are to emarrased to get for themselves. Yup, they complain aout the illegals but are to lazy to go take the jobs back for themselves. Want to stop illegal crossing?? Well, get Americans to work their lazy asses off and go get those crummy jobs they feel are beneath them! Hell, I guess food stamps and welfare show you have more pride then to pck lettuce! YEAH RIGHT!
It's funny that YOU accuse ME of being insensitive for posting FACTS, but then you insult Americans by calling us lazy! The illegals are not just taking the unwanted jobs, they are taking jobs that Americans used to do, but greedy companies have figured out they can make more $$$ by hiring illegals, treating them like dirt, and giving them no benefits. It's been clearly shown that this drains significant money from our infrastructure, but they're paying NO taxes.

There will always be Long Duk Dongs working for $2 a day in China...Just about everyone else in the world works harder, or for less $$ than US AMERICANS, and they will send most of their money back home, because they love their family (they probably worked for minimum wage, anyway..Don't be a hater...If you no like (Made in China), you no buy!!
Richard, don't confuse dislike of what's happening with being a "hater" of someone. I don't "hate" anyone, but I very much dislike the fact that people come to our country, stay here illegally and then drain resources from us. As I said earlier, I know lots of people in China. In fact, about 10 minutes ago I was talking to someone In Shanghai, and I'll be meeting them at the airport in about 22 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started this post in hopes of opening up a few people eye's as to what is happening to our econamy,

not attack Chineese people.

I am more frustrated with our Governments than anyone else.

As I stated before how are we suppose to compete.

We are expected to follow very tight enviromental laws that cost companies millions , China has none.

We have labour laws in place to protect workers the Health and safety act again costing companies millions , China ?

Unions as Brad said dont get me started , they are the cancer of NorthAmerica , does China have Unions ? :lol:

I find it funny that we as NorthAmericans expect these things but are willing to support a country that has none of these policies.

People that feel there is nothing wrong with having there product made in China just to be sold in NorthAmerica need to pull there heads out of there asses .

You are not doing this for any other reason than it is a lot more profitable to have it made in China .....

I watched a show a couple months ago about how old ships are sent to China to be dismantled for there scrap steel.

Children were scrapping asbestos out of the ships while PCB's were being dumped into the ocean untreated.

Why is this happening you ask because it is much more profitable to dismantle a ship in China than in NorthAmerica were we have to remove and treat all the harmfull materials properly. This is very costly.

Here is the kicker

They were American and Canadian ships and some Naval ships from our own Governments .

Even they are not practacing what they preach and obviously don't really give a dam about the enviroment or children.

Some say we are lazy in NorthAmerica , Fat they say.

I have personally had a job in some form or another since I was twelve , I have always worked and hopefully always will. That is the way my parents rased me you earn what you get no hand outs....

With that being said here is another example of how hard work is not the problem.

My company is a automotive parts manufacturer.

We build the tooling cast the parts , machine the parts then deliver the parts .

Six years in a row we won GM prestiges supplier of the year award.

This award is given to the supplier with the highest quality and best record for delivering parts on time.

On the seventh year when it was time to renew the contract they pulled all the parts out of our company and sent it all to China . every part.

Three hundred people lost there job over that deal.

People need to wake up , this about money and nothing else.

Tim Kish

I watched a show a couple months ago about how old ships are sent to China to be dismantled for there scrap steel.

Children were scrapping asbestos out of the ships while PCB's were being dumped into the ocean untreated.

Why is this happening you ask because it is much more profitable to dismantle a ship in China than in NorthAmerica were we have to remove and treat all the harmfull materials properly. This is very costly.

Here is the kicker

They were American and Canadian ships and some Naval ships from our own Governments .

Even they are not practacing what they preach and obviously don't really give a dam about the enviroment or children.

Tim Kish

Actually it was India I believe not China, but your point is still valid. Since most politicians are Lawyers they make laws in what interests them.

For shipbreaking to go to India, the ship legally cannot go there if it is owned by a North American. So why does it happen? That law is simple to evade, sell the ship to a foriegn person or company...Bada-bing, off she goes to India.

Foreign Lobbiests' are usually former Politicians (Lawyers) that find ways to get around certain Laws because someone is going to give them a nice Kickback.

The main reason it is done is $$$ India will pay up to 10%++ more for the steel than Canadian or US shipbreakers can, therefore the bid from overseas wins.

Oh yeah, I am guessing but I think they sell that High quality steel to China, to build whatever.... maybe more new ships(war?)

This was a multi-part documentary on TV Ontario. Lots of good stuff done by those people at TVO, alot like USA's WNED.

My previous posts have a link to our counterfit money system and many other juicy tid bits.

Here is the kicker

Tim Kish

Actually it was India I believe not China, but your point is still valid. Since most politicians are Lawyers they make laws in what interests them.

For shipbreaking to go to India, the ship legally cannot go there if it is owned by a North American. So why does it happen? That law is simple to evade, sell the ship to a foriegn person or company...Bada-bing, off she goes to India.

Foreign Lobbiests' are usually former Politicians (Lawyers) that find ways to get around certain Laws because someone is going to give them a nice Kickback.

The main reason it is done is $$$ India will pay up to 10%++ more for the steel than Canadian or US shipbreakers can, therefore the bid from overseas wins.

Oh yeah, I am guessing but I think they sell that High quality steel to China, to build whatever.... maybe more new ships(war?)

This was a multi-part documentary on TV Ontario. Lots of good stuff done by those people at TVO, alot like USA's WNED.

My previous posts have a link to our counterfit money system and many other juicy tid bits.

Thankyou for correcting that it was India and not China .

Tim K

Did you see the Ship Graveyard the US has created in a Very secluded Oceanic body of water?

Scary, so many old warships and tankers, it's estimated that there will soon be hundreds of them going to the graveyard after decommission. All full of super nasty stuff, just slowly leaking away....

But our ship breakers are just barely running a business now, no lack of ships or Laws.

OKay...

Please keep in mind when you (any of you) say "OUR GOVERNMENT" you are referring to yourselves. It's very easy to refer to OUR GOVERNMENT as a detatched entity... But it's not. Government by the people, for the people IS still alive, and viable. You may think that the Government is off course, out of control or out of their tree :blink: But what you see is a reflection of the choices (or lack there of ) that we "the People" have made. 2006 is an election year, vote for the congressmen (women) who you feel best to address the needs of our Nation.

Yeah, jobs going off shore sucks and I am involved in that process as a commodity buyer for a large, international technology based company. American industry (manufacturing) has been slow to change their ways. An excellent example is the steel industry. Our government put terrifs inplace to fend off the flood of inported, cheep steel from Asia. The terrif was pulled 9 months later in part by Asian pressure; but mostly because AMerican foundries and mills exploited the oppertunity as a chance to raise prices... rather than re-evaluate their processes and step into the twentyth century (coming up to the twenty-first century would be a bit much to expect for that industry).

I work very closely with a GREAT group of suppliers (screw machine, metal formers & fabricators) who have recognized the challenge before them, and have REALY stepped up to the plate. They ARE competitive with off-shore sources (for the most part) because they took the initiative to re-invent themselves and shrug off the way they did things 50-20 even 5 years ago; because that's what they had to do.

For us in larger companies, our choices are dirven by CEOs, Share Holders & Boards of Directors. They say "increase proffits without raising prices to the costomer". This leaves the company with two simple choices 1. buy it cheeper or 2. reduce your overhead (lay-offs). You couldn't imagine the angles I try to keep the business stateside, but if the domestic suplier is unwilling or unable to change their ways I'm going across the pond.

Because if I don't... I WILL be replaced by some one else who will make that choice.

chunk t

Please explain why telling the truth is "racist" or "insensensitive"? What are we supposed to do, not express things we know to be true? The legal immigrants I know consider it a slap in the face that so many others are here illegally.
Another man's truth?? AAHHH, my favorite ploy to hide their spots! Here's why it's insensitive. Because your putting ALL Chinese, illegal or legal in a bowl and placing blame. Also, all you did was throw out a generalization about the Chinese and how they come over here illegally, work there but's off, don't buy American goods and send their hard earned money home. Yup, it's always a shame to see people hard at work, please!

As I said...."Yes, they work hard, yes they save their money. If you could live in the land of Milk and Honey, make some money and then go home rich to live w/your family wouldn't you??"

Perhaps, but if that's what they are going to do, WE need to know it so WE can decide whether it's what is best for US and OUR country. And I certainly wouldn't break laws to do it.
We all say "I wouldn't break the law to work", the truth be told if your family was in dire need of food, clothing or shelter you'd do what ever it took, I would in a heart beat!

It's funny that YOU accuse ME of being insensitive for posting FACTS, but then you insult Americans by calling us lazy! The illegals are not just taking the unwanted jobs, they are taking jobs that Americans used to do, but greedy companies have figured out they can make more $$$ by hiring illegals, treating them like dirt, and giving them no benefits. It's been clearly shown that this drains significant money from our infrastructure, but they're paying NO taxes.

**** right, you bring me any American who's not working, sitting on a couch looking for a hand out and can't be bothered to work at McDonald's or a gas station or wherever because the job sucks, I WILL INSULT THEM AND CALL THEM A LAZY AMERICAN! I've never been unemployed and have had a job since I was 14. Not only do I work full time, I also coach soccer, baseball and basketball ( and I mean head coach not maniac dad on the side lines), I also tutor and make sure to spend quality time w/my 6 kids and wife.

As for illegals taking any job, who the hells' paying them?? Greedy Americans who can flaot them a buck an hour. They do it because lil Jimmy wants to be Supervisor and has no experience at all. It does hurt the economy, it does drain it. Yet, I don't see super markets or juice companies etc...saying we won't sell these products becasue they were picked by illegal immigrants. Truth be told they got a better market price and make even more profit off of you and me by raising prices to hike profit. As for the taxes, that's purely the responsibiltiy of those practicing the hire of undocumented, illegal workers. They should be hung upside down and the cash from their pockets drained.

I work for one of the largest companies in North Americs, Pepsico. We are always praised, celebrated and recognized as one of the best and largest practicers of Diverse hiring. Not on merit of ethnicity or orgin but on best qualified for the job. Our biggest turn over and hardest job to fill are our truck drivers that physically deliver chips to stores. They can't handle the job and constanlty quit. When their hired they all feel, "delivering chips must be the easiest job in the world, there so light"....well guess what, they are so wrong. That's why they quit, no heart and no strength.

Lastly, another memebr mentioned those living on welfare and how he rents to them. Guess what, so do I. I own 2 Victorians in San Francisco. If you don't know what a Victorian house is type in a search for "Victorian San Francisco" but beware, don't have any food or drink in your mouth becasue you'll choke when you see the value of the homes. The government pays me Section 8 or 13 some weird law number to let people of limited resources live in my apartments. Why do I do it? Becasue the governemt assures me rent will be paid every month, they gaurantee eviction. San Francisco has the stricest rent coontrol you'd ever imagine. Renters have more rights then owners, and I kid you not that's the truth. I was sick and tired of renting to dead beats who'd skip town when they couldn't pay the rent. Worse were those that couldn't pay and knew that that was okay becasue it would take about 1 year before I could evict them, not to mention the $10 to $20,000 dollars it would cost me to evict them.

I'm out! Peace to all! :D

Another man's truth?? AAHHH, my favorite ploy to hide their spots! Here's why it's insensitive. Because your putting ALL Chinese, illegal or legal in a bowl and placing blame.

Also, all you did was throw out a generalization about the Chinese and how they come over here illegally, work there but's off, don't buy American goods and send their hard earned money home. Yup, it's always a shame to see people hard at work, please!
You really should go back and READ what I said rather than taking it out of context. I was talking specifically about the people coming here illegally, not all Chinese.

Yes it's truth, I've talked to enough people in China to know that many would come here and stay illegally, if they could just get in. This is why it's so tough for the honest people to get visas, too many dishonest ones have f'd things up for the rest. I've also met many who live over there, have next to nothing, but are very happy. I've talked to plenty of illegals over here to know what they are doing.

As I said...."Yes, they work hard, yes they save their money. If you could live in the land of Milk and Honey, make some money and then go home rich to live w/your family wouldn't you??"
We all say "I wouldn't break the law to work", the truth be told if your family was in dire need of food, clothing or shelter you'd do what ever it took, I would in a heart beat!
Many are saving up the smuggling costs and coming here not because they have no food, clothing, or shelter, but because they want MORE! I've got nothing against LEGAL immigration, but is it right that many come here illegally while those who are following the law are stuck home waiting their turn?

**** right, you bring me any American who's not working, sitting on a couch looking for a hand out and can't be bothered to work at McDonald's or a gas station or wherever because the job sucks, I WILL INSULT THEM AND CALL THEM A LAZY AMERICAN!
Oh, so when you said "get Americans to work their lazy asses off...", you just meant the lazy ones, not ALL Americans.

I've never been unemployed and have had a job since I was 14. Not only do I work full time, I also coach soccer, baseball and basketball ( and I mean head coach not maniac dad on the side lines), I also tutor and make sure to spend quality time w/my 6 kids and wife.
Ok, I'm impressed! :D

As for illegals taking any job, who the hells' paying them?? Greedy Americans who can flaot them a buck an hour. They do it because lil Jimmy wants to be Supervisor and has no experience at all. It does hurt the economy, it does drain it. Yet, I don't see super markets or juice companies etc...saying we won't sell these products becasue they were picked by illegal immigrants. Truth be told they got a better market price and make even more profit off of you and me by raising prices to hike profit. As for the taxes, that's purely the responsibiltiy of those practicing the hire of undocumented, illegal workers. They should be hung upside down and the cash from their pockets drained.
At least we agree on something. One of the biggest causes of illegal immigation is how easy it is to find people who will hire them. Shut that down and it would be much less attractive to come here illegally.

Hey Guess what?? I JUST STARTED RIGGING UP MY NEW TUNNEL BOAT ( Thanks Grim) :huh:

James

Back