Charleston Model Boaters Presents....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st day's in the books. Great weather, good site and the new club's done a good job with their first race. This site has great potential. We'll have the top hull's and motors listed in the race results with the driver's when this one's over.

-Bobby

its been a great race for me so far being its also my first ever. i am doing good in the standing today will make or break me......still more to come........................ later.

allen

The CMB deserves a pat on the back for the job they did with their first race this weekend. South Carolina had no district races last year and it's great these guys stepped up put on the show. They have another race scheduled for June 18 & 19 and they have a nice site. You should try to get here if you can. Quite a few IW guys were here and I'll let them fill in the blanks. Pictures and some video should be available later in the week. Here are the results:

-Bobby

Sport B Tunnel 8 Boats

Place Driver Hull Motor Prop

1 Charles Hawkins Magnum K&B Octura 438

2 Kevin Lee Lynx K&B Octura 440

3 Don Gilbert Bandit OS Prather 215

B Tunnel 9 Boats

1 Jimmy Eddleman Lynx Nova Rossi Octura 1440

2 Charles Hawkins Magnum CMB Octura 640

3 Jan Bearden Dumas Hot Shot K&B Octura 440

D Tunnel 5 Boats

1 David Ashmore Pro Glass K&B Prather 230

2 Trey Gilbert HTB K&B Prather 235

3 Kevin Lee HTB Rossi Prather 235

Open Tunnel 4 Boats

1 Kevin Lee HTB Rossi Prather 235

2 David Ashmore Pro Glass K&B Octura 455

3 Jimmy Eddleman Hornet K&B Octura 457

23-30 LSG Cat 7 Boats

1 Scott Littler Avenger Butch the Boat Man Octura 472

2 Matthew Proeper Blast Cat Butch the Boat Man Prop Shop 6717/3

3 Ricky Bearden Aeromarine Zenoah Prather 270

LSG Sport Hydro 6 Boats

1 Eric Proeper Insane Butch the Boat Man Prop Shop 6518

2 Norman Morton Stryker Zenoah Prop Shop 6717

3 Mike Cliatt PI Toxic 260 ABC 6470

Open LSG Hydro 6 Boats

1 Scott Ramono Aeromarine Zenoah Octura G20

2 Roger Amerson Express Craft Mathe Prather 275

3 Ricky Bearden Aeromarine Zenoah Prather 275

23-30 LSG Mono 7 Boats

1 Norman Morton Seaducer Zenoah Octura 572

2 Scott Ramono Insane Zenoah Octura 470 (on steroids)

3 Kathy Huff Microburst Zenoah Prop Shop 6717/3

Open LSG Mono 5 Boats

1 Charles Simmons Seaducer S&S Quickdraw Prop Shop 7018

2 Eric Proeper Insane Butch the Boat Man Prop Shop 6518

3 Don Huff Microburst Zenoah Prop Shop 6717/3

Cracker Box 5 Boats

1 Stan Sova RC Boat Works Zenoah Prather 270

2 Norman Morton Sheckler/Spencer Zenoah Prather 270

3 Jan Bearden RC Boat Works Zenoah Prather 270

Offshore 5 Boats

1 Scott Littler Avenger Butch the Boat Man Octura 472

2 Steve Amerson AC Cat Toxic Prather 275

3 Charles Simmons Seaducer S&S Quickdraw Prop Shop 7018

Last edited by a moderator:
HATS OFF TO THE CHARLESTON MODEL BOATERS in their inaugural race. It was an 8 lap course. BUT with the further planned inprovement, there is a new race site with a LOT of potential to become a PREMIER SITE. Location is good, CLOSE EXITS to the hiway. Hotels one or two exit down from the race site. This was a very convient site. :D :D :D

Congrats to all the class WINNERS. The numbers DO NOT REFLECT the QUATLITY of racing that took place. A good time was had buy all.......... B) B) B)

James, Trey, CD John, And everyone else that I did not mention. JOB WELL DONE!

BigChuck said:
HATS OFF TO THE CHARLESTON MODEL BOATERS in their inaugural race. It was an 8 lap course. BUT with the further planned inprovement, there is a new race site with a LOT of potential to become a PREMIER SITE.  Location is good, CLOSE EXITS to the hiway. Hotels one or two exit down from the race site. This was a very convient site. :D   :D   :D
Congrats to all the class WINNERS. The numbers DO NOT REFLECT the QUATLITY of racing that took place. A good time was had buy all.......... B)   B)   B)

James, Trey, CD John, And everyone else that I did not mention. JOB WELL DONE!

91262[/snapback]

Charles,

Many thanks for the kind words regarding the race. We stayed after the race yesterday and discussed a number of things for improvements. Talked with the owner and have options in the works. They were quite impressed with the boats, the driving and the kindness we all showed there. We have course adjustments to make. We intend on having our high points race on 18 & 19 June there. There will also be a max boat limit for entries. We will have the registration flyer out in the next few weeks.

Enjoyed having you there. A brand new racer from the Atlanta club, Ramono "Bo" Scott, in his very first race, took a 1st and a 2nd. He really kicked some serious butt and showed some veterans how to do it. He was impressive. He was a water baby and got wet and has a great attitude with the skill to go with it. With Charles and Norman guiding him he couldn't go wrong! See all next month in Atlanta.

John

i have too agree it was great ,it also was my first race my little hot shot 21 was good to me although i could not run full throttle i did finish all my heat but one.i was tinkle pink over what i did do 5th place was great start for me. guys i will see yall at the next gran prix.

james,don,john,and trey great job! i do see a great future in the site and will be back again!

job well done guys!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

allen amick

Last edited:
John Knight said:
Charles,
Many thanks for the kind words regarding the race.  We stayed after the race yesterday and discussed a number of things for improvements.  Talked with the owner and have options in the works.  They were quite impressed with the boats, the driving and the kindness we all showed there.  We have course adjustments to make.  We intend on having our high points race on 18 & 19 June there.  There will also be a max boat limit for entries.  We will have the registration flyer out in the next few weeks.

Enjoyed having you there.  A brand new racer from the Atlanta club, Ramono "Bo" Scott, in his very first race, took a 1st and a 2nd.  He really kicked some serious butt and showed some veterans how to do it.  He was impressive.  He was a water baby and got wet and has a great attitude with the skill to go with it.  With Charles and Norman guiding him he couldn't go wrong!  See all next month in Atlanta.

John

91276[/snapback]

Wait a minute... Scott Romano is "BO"... "BO" beat both Mom & Dad in LSG Mono??? Way to go "BO"!

I will be having a serious talk w/ Mom & Dad about this! :D

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Wish I could have been there.

Later,

Lamar

I would like to thank ALL who attended the Charleston Model Boaters first race, without the support of our fellow boaters it would not have been possible to have such a succesful first race. Hats off to John Knight who CD'd the entire race without a hitch while I, the listed CD, got to play with my tunnel boats. We really appreciate all of the feedback we got from the racers, both positive and negative. With your feedback and our ideas for the race site, this WILL be an AWESOME place to race. If you missed this one, you missed some good competition and good fun. It will be even better for the High points race coming in June, get your entries in early when the flyer comes out, it will fill up quick!

It may have been "Bo's" first race but hes no rookie! great running boats, great driving and a nice guy to boot(if we find your flex shaft/prop, we'll send it to you!). Congrats to him and all of the others that did well.

We had a great time and are eagerly looking forward to our bigger High Points race, look for the flyer within the next week or so.

Thanks, James "Gabe" Clegg

President C.M.B.

Lamar, You are right. I could not get the SWELLING to go down ALL the way back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He did real well. Yes he had help. TEAM YELLOW JACKET did their best. But I have to say that each and very heat was Exciting.

James and the tunnel guys had some knock down drag out fights. Jimmy,James & David were at it. The others that were racing gave no ground. You EARNNNNNED

every piece you got.

I was at the first race that Jackson TN model boater put on and said that site had potential to do a NATS. The rest there is History. This new site has that same potential. What was amazing to me was you can SEE THE BOTTOM. This is CLEAN & CLEAR water lake. There is a full tree line around the entire site. This can become a a great place for boating.

Also mention: new District Director Bobby Haliday Jr. has jumped in the DEEP end of the pool with both feet. Wish him the best.

It was my first time to race and my first envolvement in a boat club !! Thanks fellow CMB members and to all the people that came... There was sure no lack of excitment that's for sure !!!!

I met alot of people and no one that was not nice and curtious a great bunch of people !!!!! Next time I will know what I should do to help being a member of the host club....

Fore everyone wondering who is this guy ??? I'm the " BIG Fat ONE " at the first drivers meeting that they where trying to figure out how to get him in the lake if I won something .... :lol: that was a joke, bouy hunter thats me...

Butch the silent member...

Butch.......you are alright in my book glad to have met you and i will see you again in the near future!!!!!even if you are in my class good luck this year with everthing!!!!

allen amick

I have got to say that the CMB Club done a great job. i am glad to see another race in sc and i can't wait to go back. as it was stated here if they can get a little work done on the lake they will have a great place to run.

it was good to see everyone that was there and i got to meet some new people and hope to see them at a few of the other races this year. the tunnel classes were very competive with only a few mishaps but all in all everything went well. for the ones that did not make it you missed some good racing and a lot of fun.

see all of you later jimmy

jydracing said:
I have got to say that the CMB Club done a great job. i am glad to see another race in sc and i can't wait to go back. as it was stated here if they can get a little work done on the lake they will have a great place to run.
  it was good to see everyone that was there and i got to meet some new people and hope to see them at a few of the other races this year. the tunnel classes were very competive with only a few mishaps but all in all everything went well. for the ones that did not make it you missed some good racing and a lot of fun.

see all of you later jimmy

91367[/snapback]

The Walterboro race is one I will be back to unlike the Sumerville race which I will never go back to . The Shriners are money grubbing gas holes.

The Walterboro race is one I will be back to unlike the Sumerville race which I will never go back to . The Shriners are money grubbing gas holes.

91558[/snapback]

Hap,

You may want to plan on going to the Columbus Day Regatta, it's not going to be at the Shriners lake. As soon a I have things nailed down I'll get the flyer on the District Website . I enjoyed talking with you this weekend and hope to see you again soon!

-Bobby

Pictures from the race can be found here . I hope to have better quality action pictures added in the next week.

-Bobby

Bobby, any word on when the results from our race will posted? also the points standings for the series so far? Thanks....James

topfuel443 said:
Bobby, any word on when the results from our race will posted? also the points standings for the series so far? Thanks....James
93464[/snapback]

James,

I posted the race results earlier in this thread and they are on the IMPBA District page also. Unfortunately I can't update our District website. I've posted the GP standings on the District page on the IMPBA site. The race report is on both sites now. I'm not sure what the hold up is with posting the GP standings on the District website. If anyone needs the complete standings I can email them to you.

Sorry for the delays,

-Bobby

Back