Charleston Model Boaters Presents....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lamar_Huff said:
Hey Gang,
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it...  I will be in Miami, FL the 10th through the 14th and then in Mobile, AL on the 16th & 17th.  As much as I would love to be there I hate to leave the wife and son again after just getting home.

Mom, Dad, & Scott are talking about coming up.  I'll let you know what they decide.  If they sign up that will give you 7 more entries.

Later,

Lamar

88487[/snapback]

I understand about the work situation. Just get the rest of the family there. All but one of the CMB members are coming en masse to the spring 'nats. Would appreciate the support for us as well.

John,

I should see Pop's tonight so I'll ask if they have decided what they are doing yet. I wish I could make it to show my support as well as protect my GP points (did well in SOWEGA so I hate to lose the points), but things just aren't going to work out this time.

I know Norman is trying to talk a few of the new club members into going up w/ him and entering their first race.

Later,

Lamar

topfuel443 said:
clock is a tickin'......
~James

88895[/snapback]

All the Grand Prix races count toward season points so missing this race could cost you bragging rights later in the year! "But if" doesn't win the season and with the good turnout at SOWEGA a lot of drivers are competing for the series titles.

-Bobby

I talked to Charley Hawkens he's coming with the new hull and bringing someone with him......

[SIZE=21pt]TUNNELS - A - COMING[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamar_Huff said:
John,
I should see Pop's tonight so I'll ask if they have decided what they are doing yet.  I wish I could make it to show my support as well as protect my GP points (did well in SOWEGA so I hate to lose the points), but things just aren't going to work out this time. 

I know Norman is trying to talk a few of the new club members into going up w/ him and entering their first race. 

Later,

Lamar

88520[/snapback]

Lamar,

Is Team Yellow (most of it) coming?

John

John Knight said:
Lamar_Huff said:
John,
I should see Pop's tonight so I'll ask if they have decided what they are doing yet.  I wish I could make it to show my support as well as protect my GP points (did well in SOWEGA so I hate to lose the points), but things just aren't going to work out this time. 

Later,

Lamar

88520[/snapback]

Lamar,

Is Team Yellow (most of it) coming?

John

89131[/snapback]

John,

Last I spoke to Pop's (Sunday) he was wanting to go, but hadn't found out if Scott was free that weekend. I printed out the registration flyer and gave it to him...

Lamar

well i will see yall in two weeks ,but we first have our club race in lexington this sunday.hope to see some of the other south carolina boaters here sunday.james you should have my entry by torrow.

allen

62 boats are registered as of Thursday night, (30 of them are Tunnels..!!!! :D )

Its gonna be a good Grand Prix race, there is still a few day to get your entries in.... Call me or send me an email if youve waited till the last minute and cant mail it in before the deadline. The heat sheets are being made on next Wednesday, that is the ABSOLUTE last day to register.

Thanks~

James Clegg

President, C.M.B.

843-225-3905

[email protected]

Hi all i am glad to see all of the tunnels that are eantered so far i think that there are still more out there that can come to race with us. the tunnel races that we have hade in the past years have been great and i am looking to this year so if you are looking for a great group of people to race with here it is. it is time for the bench racing to stop and bring it to the lake. oh yea i forgot to mention my boats are still white oh well what can i say. see ya jimmy

Last edited by a moderator:
topfuel443 said:
62 boats are registered as of Thursday night, (30 of them are Tunnels..!!!!  :D   )
Its gonna be a good Grand Prix race, there is still a few day to get your entries in.... Call me or send me an email if youve waited till the last minute and cant mail it in before the deadline. The heat sheets are being made on next Wednesday, that is the ABSOLUTE last day to register.

Thanks~

James Clegg

President, C.M.B.

843-225-3905

[email protected]

89547[/snapback]

It's a good turnout, especially for your club's first race. We should have the entry list posted by Mon night on the District Website. We will post the top 3 hulls and engines in the race results for this race. I know a lot of the tunnel guys want to see what's doing well in the races. We need a few more scale boat entries. We ran this class in SOWEGA and I'm sure the guys that went don't want to give away points by missing this race.

-Bobby

EATS for the incoming racers.

The owner of the lake has contacted the local Moose Lodge (about 6 miles away from the lake) and has arranged to allow as many of us attending the race to be able to participate in a steak dinner Friday evening. Menu is:

T bone or Rib eye steak

Potato (baked or fries)

Another veggie

Bread

Dessert of some type I believe

Tea

Cost is 10.00. Open bar, pay as you go, is also available.

If you and/or your family wants to participate, I need to know numbers so we can coordinate in advance. All are welcome.

The owner is trying very hard to make this a very good time for all. He plans on having breakfast and lunch available on Sat and Sun. I am working on Fri lunch.

John

Looks like there'll be 70+ boats at the race! The District Website should be updated with the entries soon. Now if Mother Nature will cooperate we should have a really good race!

-Bobby

John Knight said:
EATS for the incoming racers.
The owner of the lake has contacted the local Moose Lodge (about 6 miles away from the lake) and has arranged to allow as many of us attending the race to be able to participate in a steak dinner Friday evening.  Menu is:

T bone or Rib eye steak

Potato (baked or fries)

Another veggie

Bread

Dessert of some type I believe

Tea

Cost is 10.00.  Open bar, pay as you go, is also available.

If you and/or your family wants to participate, I need to know numbers so we can coordinate in advance.  All are welcome.

The owner is trying very hard to make this a very good time for all.  He plans on having breakfast and lunch available on Sat and Sun.  I am working on Fri lunch.

John

89659[/snapback]

I spoke with the lake owner last evening making final race preparations. Friday lunch will not be available. He plans on having grills available for anyone's use during the weekend. He is not sure what he will be able to do for concessions. He has a broken hand and has limited him considerably. May want to think about bringing your own food allocations just in case. Friday we will know but that is too late to plan ahead and I know that.

Weather forecast has the Fri-Sun highs to be in the mid to upper 60's and lows to be in the mid to upper 40's. Mostly sunny with no rain. That is today's forecast!

Friday evening steak dinner is still available with the local Moose Lodge as I noted previously. There is also a dance at the Lodge on Friday evening.

FINAL NOTE: There is still room to enter but it must be done today or early tomorrow. We close the entries and print the heat sheets tomorrow evening. Time is very short.

John

aamick1971 said:
has the entry list been update for viewing on the district 13 web page?
90277[/snapback]

Not yet, hopefully by this evening. If it's not up this evening I'll attach it to a post.

-Bobby

aamick1971 said:
has the entry list been update for viewing on the district 13 web page?
90277[/snapback]

Allen,

I can tell you that there are 10 B tunnels entered, which is the class that you entered. There are 8 in Sport B tunnel entered. And there are 6 entered in open tunnel. Are you sure that one class is all you want to enter? Room in open tunnel for you. Unless we get several more entries today in Sport B tunnel we are closing that at 8 boats. If you got some more that would like to come then let us now asap.

John

the one class is fine though i do have a 20 mono it not quiet ready and yall do not have class for it at this time.the only boat that i am currently running is my modified 3.5 tunnel.i do have a villain s1 but its not ready yet i got it from steve hauge in wis. that will soon have my modified motor on it.

allen

aamick1971 said:
the one class is fine though i do have a 20 mono it not quiet ready and yall do not have class for it at this time.the only boat that i am currently running is my modified 3.5 tunnel.i do have a villain s1 but its not ready yet i got it from steve hauge in wis. that will soon have my modified motor on it.    allen

90481[/snapback]

Allen,

That's great you got that boat! I forgot to check last night to see if you bought it. You'll be ready to go when the High Point series starts, both those classes are offered.

Later,

-Bobby

Latest posts

Back