CG for Aerotech 7.5 Tunnelhull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Does anyone have the correct CG for the Aerotech 7.5? I'm almost ready to make my first run. Ron Olson, did you run your Aerotech stock or Mod?

Any advice on if they run best stock or mod w/pipe would be great. Let me know guys!

I'm not an RC expert, but remember that the CG of the hull will change throughout the full velocity range of operation. The dynamic balance will be different at every speed.

/Jimboat

Hi

I run an aerotech in district 8, I will measure it today and let you know. I can tell you they are extremely critical on motor height.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks, let me kow. What is your set up? I'm planning to use an extra 1 1/2 engine extension from 707 specialties. A K & B w/pipe, 1/4 scale servo for steering. What size tank do you use? Hopper? I'm not a Hopper tank fan anymore. What prop do you use and is yours stock or mod?

Hopper tanks don't fit well under the cowling anyway. Grimmy's 13 oz. pyramid tank is a good one to throw in there.

rcboats2, got to www.grimracer.com

Mike (grimracer)(grim)(grimmy) Zaborowski. makes metal fuel cells that are second to none. I think Ron is talking about the cell for outboards that comes to a taper at the top. you will see it on the site, he has good pics.

~ James

Hi

I new I was supposed to do something, I have a measurement of 11 1/8 " from the rear of the sponsons. I run with a stock 7.5 pro. I do run a hopper tanks. As for motor height I would start off deep and level and bring it up a little at a time, You will know when you hit the sweet spot. Mine would porpoise if to was too deep or too high . Prather 240 or 245 is what I run. The little negative just helps in the heat races better than weight on the nose . These are my findings, every boats different.

Mike

Mike,

That's a good in sight. Myy clear coat just dried on my boat so it's time to assemble it on Sunday. I'm glad to finally get off that hanging hook in my garage!

I started painting the boat while I did an 1/8 scale for one of my customers (Ms. Budweiser) and to take the lazy way out, which I did was to paint my boat red as well. I hated the way the red looked on this boat (I'm not a Bud fan) so when I cleared it I mixed 3 parts Sunset Rose Pearl to 2 parts Fine Blanc White pearl to alter the color. It came out this wild pink tinted Magenta that sparkels in the sun. I painted the cowl a Nassau Blue (baby blue Metallic w/orange under stripes) sounds like they wouldn't match but the boat looks sweet, definitely a one of a kind. I'm sure Ron will get a kick when he see's what I've done to it.

Can't wait to run it!

Back