Celina Summer Challenge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a great time at the race,thanks to all your club for doing a great job.

You honor the memorys of your lost members by careing on with your club and race.

Thanks to Garry, Dan, Gus, the retrieve boat crew (Teddy's buddies all Saturday) and the whole Driftwood Club for a great race!

We got 79 heats in Saturday despite the delays from thunderstorms with the lightning. We finished up around 4:00 on Sunday after getting the four rounds in. Made it home by 8:30 even through all the construction in Ohio.

It was nice to remember Rick and Gene during the drivers meeting. Steve Ball getting his Hall Of Fame award was really nice too.

If you haven't been to a race in Celina, don't miss it next year.

Had a awesome time the electric class was a blast and alot of fun chasing Stu around the coarse the last heat of open gas mono and I even beat the infamous 0hil Thomas in a heat of b mono

Thanks guys

Had a Great Time!!! Thanks Gary, Dan, Steve, Gus and the rest of the Driftwood Club members. Thanks to the retrieve boat guys they worked hard all weekend.

Next Year we need to work with the weatherman a little!!!

Thank you for another GREAT event.

All your hard work-and dedication is very appreciated

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But Jim......they did hit the clock.....a couple of times.
I know...

my post...

is a warning....

default_wink.png

Thanks for the fantastic race, Driftwood! It was a pleasure to meet so many great boat racers and learn from them. I will definitely be back next year! Also congratulations to Steve Ball on receiving the Hall Of Fame Award at the race. I personally witnessed throughout the weekend why he is so deserving of this honor.

I'd missed the celina race for many years, but I won't miss it again!

Great time! Thanks driftwood

Fun to run with the D-2 racers!

Cya next year

Attached is a pdf file with the results of the race. I want to Thank everyone for participating in the Celina Summer Challenge. I want to Thank Dan Kramer, Steve Ball, and Chris Carboneau for their work in the tower. Gus Dolsen for pit bossing. But a big Thanks to our rescue boat crew Scott Whitcraft, Dave Grote, Jon Gambrel, and Rod Simpson. Also would like to Thank Joni Grote for handling the raffle sales. Keep in mind the weekend of July 21 & 22, 2018.

Thanks Again

Garry

2017 celina summer challenge results.pdf

Attachments

• 2017 celina summer challenge results.pdf
    99.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
Attached is a pdf file with the results of the race. I want to Thank everyone for participating in the Celina Summer Challenge. I want to Thank Dan Kramer, Steve Ball, and Chris Carboneau for their work in the tower. Gus Dolsen for pit bossing. But a big Thanks to our rescue boat crew Scott Whitcraft, Dave Grote, Jon Gambrel, and Rod Simpson. Also would like to Thank Joni Grote for handling the raffle sales. Keep in mind the weekend of July 21 & 22, 2018.

Thanks Again

Garry

2017 celina summer challenge results.pdf

RESULTS CELINA SUMMER CHALLENGE XXVI

A-HYDRO (1) CHRIS CAPALDI (2) BRIAN NEUMAN (3) DAVID MURANY

B-MONO (1) COLE JOHNSON (2) PETER COLLINSON (3) PHIL THOMAS

RTR (1) RICK BAKER (2) TOM KELLY (3) ALISHA HAGAN

OPEN GAS CAT (1) VINCE AMORE (2) DENNIS MADLINSKI (3 ) CEI BOWEN

B SPORT TUNNEL (1) DAVID SWISHER (2) CEI BOWEN (3) MILO CARLTON

B-HYDRO (1) DAVID MURANY (2) STEVE BALL (3) ANDREW CAPALDI

OPEN GAS MONO (1) VINCE AMORE (2) DENNIS MADLINSKI (3) MIKE CRAWFORD

SPORT 20 HYDRO (1) PHIL THOMAS (2) JIM ZEREMSKI (3) BERT DYGERT

OPEN TUNNEL (1) BRIAN SCHYMIK (2) MATT SCHYMIK (3) MARK SCOTT

B-TUNNEL (1) JESSE CARLTON (2) MARK SCOTT (3)

D-HYDRO ( 1) RON ZAKER JR. (2) BRIAN SCHYMIK (3) CHRIS CAPALDI

OPEN GAS SPT HYDRO (1) CHRIS RUPLEY (2) DENNIS MADLINSKI (3) PHIL THOMAS

CRACKER BOX (1) RICK BAKER (2) MIKE CRAWFORD (3) JOE PETRO

OPEN RIGGER (1) TEDDY DUDLEY (2) DENNIS MADLINSKI (3) MARK VOORHIES

SPORT 40 (1) CHRIS CAPALDI (2) STEVE PETERSON (3) MARK VOORHIES

SS GAS MONO (1) CHUCK GEISEN (2) MIKE CRAWFORD (3) JOSH CARLTON

P-LTD TUNNEL (1) TOM KELLY (2) PETER COLLINSON (3) MIKE BALL

THUNDERBOAT (1) STEVE PETERSON (2) MATT ELLET (3) DAVID HAGAN

1/8 SCALE FEATURE (1) PHIL THOMAS (2) MATT SCHYMIK (3) STEVE PETERSON

SCALE CONCOURS MATT ELLET / HOME STREET BANK

we would like to thank our donors of raffle items , Joe Petro, zipp kitts, Phils hobby shop,Aquacraft ready 2 run. ft wayne, in. , Lorrie Reisinger in memory of Rick , (anonymous donor)sport tunnel hull complete, roadrunner 50% gift certificate(anonymous donor) Mike Crawford, prop box

we held our drivers meeting where we honored two of our members who passed in the last year, Gene Helm and Rick Reisinger.

Chris Rupley, IMPBA president then presented one of our members , Steve Ball with his hall of fame award . Steve has been a great ambassador to r/c boat racing and has encouraged or helped many boaters become successful.

Friday night storms ripped through the area and did some pit damage with several tents destroyed.

Saturdays racing began under cloudy skies, then we had a couple lightning delays as storms moved through. once they cleared we got serious and we got in 79 heats on Saturday.

Sunday saw beautiful weather and we finished the remaining heats by about 2:45 . we got 4 rounds in. we then presented trophies.

thanks to all who attended from 6 states and Canada.

Latest posts

Back