carbon pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see jon,,,we are all learning... got your gears turnin now.... :lol: .... i found a product that is actually manufactured in my state... i will be calling them tomorow to get some property info... it seems like a good product... its heat resistant,, (to what,,im unsure as of now),, and is flame retardant... its mainly used in the manufacturing of motorsports and aircraft fiber glass and carbon parts...

i will post back on the findings...

ive been running this through my head all day,,, how about a master made of a ceramic or porcelin???... it would be fragile but would prove to be a solid consistant master plug after being glazed...hmmmmmmm.... :huh:

now that is a great product... im gonna have to grab some of that... i love how they sell kits with everything,,, awsome ron...thanks for the link... says its good to 250 degrees... so it would withstand a 150 degree release cure... very very cool stuff...

ac

I don't really have any experience with the stuff but watched what is now my ex-brother-in-law making up some items with it for his business. He got first-hand training seeing how they're right here in town. I've really wanted to play with some of this myself but have to find something really cool to make out of it, RC boat related of course!

It can be spin molded for items like C-box drivers but it is really light so it really wouldn't weight a boat down much.

its affordable too.... so key in the process,,, plus you can buy small amounts... man these people are regular joe friendly... hats off to them... im grabbin some a.s.a.p... i think it will make a phenominal plug....i will have to sacrifice one of my pipes for the cause... but i think it will be well worth it... i think this pipe will work really well on the .12-18's,,,im currently running them on .18's but want to get some testing done with it mated to a nova .12...

ac

You can make molds in all kinds of sizes. If you noticed on the site, they made the Batsuits for the Batman movies out of the stuff.

Kinda on yet off-topic is a local guy who uses it to make other things out of it, http://watch.discoverychannel.ca/daily-planet/october-2010/daily-planet---october-25-2010/#clip366017 . Look in the background of his backyard shot and you'll see a mold that he made using Alumilite. Somewhere online shows some of the completed items.

Oh yeah, I'm not going to tell you what's in the link but it's way cool, just click on the lnk down on the lower right side. You'll recognize what he built right away as another project! :)

His website: http://www.bobdullam.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back