continued conversation on aqua and super tigre engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.006 head space and a .24CC head volume would give the engine a CR that is about the same as the CVR. I have no idea how the increase in timing will change what the CR should be. I have heard everything from shooting for a little over 8 to 1, to shooting for 10 to 1... It would be really hard to do a comparison test, because different setups would require different prop selections (pipes, strut settings, etc, etc). I normally run a 2 blade prop deep...and have had reallly good luck with the CVRM...so was kind of benchmarking off it.

On top of this, I set a GO engine to 179 123 timing, and with a CR of 8.7 to 1 and the carb bored out to .280, I have not been able to get the speed past mid 30s yet...and a stock CVRM will push the same boat to over 40 MPH (same prop, strut setting, pipe, etc)...still learning...

At the depth I run my prop, the CVR will NOT turn an X440/2, let alone the X640/2 that you are turning.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
sean,,,as much playin with buttons as you have been doin,,,, you should take a button and cut it to the .17 and see how it goes... run high nitro for the bigger cr... .008 space,,, you might see more than what you are seeing now... you should give it a try,,,thing could rip... ive noticed angled squish responds better in the low low end,,,and has a more stable run on land...

alden

Back