Composite Tuned Pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally Teresch

Does anyone know where I could find setup information on the carbon fiber Salisbury tuned pipes.

I know I was on their website a few years back but can't find it again.

I was looking for pipe models and their most effective lengths. Got a couple of them but using something like what Cooper recommends may not work (or it may???)

Also I've heard that people have had varying degrees of success with these pipes. Some opinions on your likes and dislikes of the product.

Thanks

Wally

wally, contact aaron alberico at oz spec hobbies on this site. goes by aaron alberico on here. he is a dealer for ssp pipes. they have started making some pipes again. i know kentley porter & bill bigelow use them on their nr ob's. both are killer fast & record holders B) . carbon fiber pipes allow more flexibility in shape & design than aluminum, but you need a few laps to build some heat in the pipe for it to really wake up.

The only problem I have had using them is they work better in hot weather, When the temps are colder I can't run the props I do when it's hot and it launches poorly. On a good summer day I run them down around 7" on my 21 rigger with a Sholund prop and it turns huge R's

P.S. they sound incredible

Wally,

What pipes do you have?

The stinger diameters are very critical for maximum performance.

They work very well when matched up to your motor modifications.

Thanks For Reading,

Mark Sholund

IMHO...these are the best pipes available. The CF seems to trap the heat making the pipes much more efficient.

As said before some pipes work better than others with different motors

How do the carbon fiber square wave pipes perform? I have seen several different SPP pipes run very well when set up right and the conditions were favorable, ie water and air temps not too cold. I have seen several carbon fiber 3280 copies not perform anywhere near as well as the aluminum pipe.

I've had great luck with them.... from the NROB, to the TD21...... the above stating..... HEAT. They must be run hot....... crack and popping at the run's end is good........ I have actually had, and stated above, a couple of rainy races, that would not bring my outboard to pipe, due to the cooling......

I run mid range nitro/motor combinations, and the carbon pipes work well even as i limit what i do...... Nova 21 inboard, TD 21 @ 7.75 and tighter will warrant peformance..... The MS pipe works just as well........

i've actually acheived the mythical triple stage a few times ( harmony)..... basically hang on, and turn!........

Square wave, i havent seen perform yet....... working with what I have....... good luck.... Mike

Walt Radzinski has had good results with the Squarewave 21 pipe, and David Hall is running one on the JAE45 prototype. There are several other racers out there running the Squarewave, but I'll let them chime in with their results. I still make them to order. Have a few 12's on the mandrels now, but my personal life took a dump the past year, so my time to work on them has been limited. It will get better though...........in the hands of the att'y now.

Anyone who has a squarewave, and would like to tell their results, please feel free. One thing I have heard,and experienced, is that the Squarewave is more linear in throttle response, and pulls more prop, but not necessarily at super high RPM. The linear response and greater torque makes for quicker lap times. I personally have not tried them on SAW boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt Radzinski has had good results with the Squarewave 21 pipe, and David Hall is running one on the JAE45 prototype. There are several other racers out there running the Squarewave, but I'll let them shime in with their results. I still make them to order. Have a few 12's on the mandrels now, but my personal life took a dump the past year, so my time to work on them has been limited. It will get better though...........in the hands of the att'y now.

Anyone who has a squarewave, and would like to tell their results, please feel free. One thing I have heard,and experienced, is that the Squarewave is more linear in throttle response, and pulls more prop, but not necessarily at super high RPM. The linear response and greater torque makes for quicker lap times. I personally have not tried them on SAW boats.
I personally don't have a square wave pipe but if the opportunity to get one comes up I would. The reason I say that is because a few guys up here have them. I've seen them perform and the 21 is awesome. This thing goes like stink.

Anyway back to my pipes. I've read that the Salisbury 21 pipes can go up to an inch shorter than the recommended minimal length. I have 4 .21 pipes. The parabolic silenced pipe (2 styles) what looks like a standard nitro pipe and the NRS21.

I also have a 45 dual chamber and a 67 dual chamber.

I was looking for a starting point for the pipe lengths as I get frustrated easily and often give up on a product before I give it a fair chance.

Wally

Back