Cant get my CMB .45 to keep running

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Stewart

Went out to the pond for the first time today(been waiting for this for months)

Any how,got the Seaducer started but it would rev up quite high (even know I had the throttle down)

then it would slow right down and stall

I try numerous times to adjust the needle etc with no luck

Finally gave up after my belt broke

Very frustrating to say the least

Im sure it something simple but I have really no clue as to whats going on

Im a newbie

Im a running CMB.45 with a OPS pipe

30% nitro

Odonnell Blue glow plug

Any Ideas please

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, also check if the carb has a low side needle,try making it a little richer.when the the end is lean the moter will scream,mike.

fuel flow issue,.. and yeah,. possibly a bad plug.. high rpm at low throttle setting means too much air, not enough fuel... one way or anther.

Start off by checking your fuel lines for a small leak or crack, it may only be detected when pressure is applied. If that checks out, get a pipe cleaner and run through the needle valve. Next put all hoses back on needle and close it . open it up 3 1/2 turns should be a good starting point for a cmb needle. If everything checks out it should run at idle and when you pull the trigger on the throttle it should be about a 2 second delay before the motor screams.

With all that said, back out the low speed needle so you can just see the O ring and that thing should run at idle great and come right up when you give it the gas.

derric, check the pressure fitting on the pipe, it may be plugged, old residue from fuel, got to have pressure to feed fuel.good luck. Rick L.

This has been mentioned ,but look carefully at your pipe pressure connection.I had the same problem a few years ago on a CMB45RS.We checked all the the lines and flow checked the needle and carb.I was using a 90 degree fitting on the pipe which had a carbon chunk stuck in the 90.Engine would start and run at part throttle on the bench, then die after throwing the boat in and hitting the gas.Cleaned the fitting,no problem.Now use straight or curved 90 degree fittings.Joe Warren solved the problem.Jose Ortiz suggested the curved fitting. Harvey

All good suggestions but walk before you run- Can you post a pic of your setup ?

Need tons more info - seeing your setup will help.

What needle are you using ? Pipe length ? What OPS pipe ?

What prop ? Surface or Subsurface drive Seaducer ?

Andy

Back