Can somebody check something for me?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

I noticed that the pivot pin on mine isn't square to the mounting face and the bottom of the pin is further from the transom than the top By about 0.5mm. I also noticed that the part that the rudder blade sits in has the pin hole angled and this makes the L/E of the rudder blade angled so that the bottom of the blade is further from the transom than the top of the blade.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or if the hole has been drilled incorrectly.

Thanks,

Tim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim-

Check the hole in the blade also, it may not be parallel to the leading edge. I remember Andy telling me something to the effect of a couple 67/80 blades got out mis-drilled? You can't push the blade forward enough in the pivot block to square it up? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don,

I can get the original blade square to the transom (haven't checked my spare yet), but the pin being angled takes the blade out of square as soon as any rudder is fed in. I'm thinking this would generate more lift in the turns.

Maybe they are supposed to be like this - I'm not sure and would like it to be clarified.

Tim.

All my four rudders are absolutely right so there must be a misdrilling with yours Tim.Laurie has told me weeks ago about all the mess they have with the rudder suplier so you should get one of these bad ones.

Gill

Back