******CAN AM SUMMER SHOOTOUT-- DISTRICT 2 POINTS RACE******

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like fun, I'll be there.

Sport 40, Scale, D-Hydro

What about E-hydro ?

fun fun fun

B)
Joe,

No E hydro but we have unlimited which you could run it in. Gas, Nitro, Electric it doesn't matter. Run what you brung and and hope you brung enough!

Great to hear your coming!

Dave

Okay,

This is shaping up to be one of the premier races of the year! We have people coming from all over North America and we have 5 months to the race.. So much will be going on during these two days, you will be sorry if you missed it. Motors awarded for first place! Many boat hulls to be given away! Props, hardware and much, much more. Mark this date down, you don't want to be on the outside looking in!

Well, just like that, registrations are coming in already for the July 31-Aug 1 Race. For those that have committed to our race already, you will attending a great race! For those of you that I have talked to and said you would be attending, we are looking forward to seeing you and for those of you that haven't heard, WE'RE GIVING AWAY MOTORS FOR FIRST PLACE :eek:

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Brian Loy

They drop b-tunnel because of lack of interest.When I talked to Tom he said they had 2 tunnel.With all the b-tunnels around they couldn't get 6 or more tunnel, come on guys..With no tunnels they added RTR to fill in that open spot.

Dave

Brian Loy

They drop b-tunnel because of lack of interest.When I talked to Tom he said they had 2 tunnel.With all the b-tunnels around they couldn't get 6 or more tunnel, come on guys..With no tunnels they added RTR to fill in that open spot.

Dave
We are bringing a Deuce fun class :D :D :D :D

Way to go Mike!

Well, everything is loaded here and I will be leaving tomorrow morning at around 10 a.m. One quick stop to pick up Steve Peterson along the way and we be in Celina before you know it! I can honestly say that we are greatful to those of you who have entered our race and to those of you that haven't, don't worry just show up and we can get you in! It's that easy. We have new race sftware which is allowing us to things much easier and we want to put on a great event for some great friends.

See you there!

According to the weather, the weekend is looking quite favorable with Saturday being the only day with possible thunderstorms. By the looks of it, driven by humidity.

If anyone needs to contact us, please call my cell phone at 519-240-0085 as Tom will be unavailable.

I never seen anything ANYWHERE in this topic that said they were adding RTR to the race. Actually it looks like they avoided that topic all together. I guess it's just not an expensive enough boat for them to race so no point in talking about it. I hope this isnt counting towards District 14 points since it was a last minute addition of RTR's after being told they wasnt gonna be a class for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
They droped b-tunnel for lack of entries and added RTR GUESS WHO WON A NEW RTR? :D :D :D :D :D This was a great race and lots of top boaters wheeling around the course. Consider Hallam and CO 4 scale boats ........See ya next year AWESOME GUYS

They droped b-tunnel for lack of entries and added RTR GUESS WHO WON A NEW RTR? :D :D :D :D :D This was a great race and lots of top boaters wheeling around the course. Consider Hallam and CO 4 scale boats ........See ya next year AWESOME GUYS
If my guess is right, I'd say you, Congrats!!!!

Wow! What a weekend!

First, I would like to thank the Driftwood Model Boat Club for there help all weekend. You definitely made our job much easier and we very much appreciate it.

Next, to all of you boaters who attended our 1st race in Celina, thank you very much for making this race one to remember. There were so many classes that had 4 or 5 boats able to win 1st place in the final round, which made for some very dramatic racing. I think all would agree that is was definitely exciting. I would also like to thank you for your generosity in donating to the Celina Hospice at the dinner Saturday night. Our club thought would be nice to help out a local charity and we arranged with Mary from Hospice to prepare a tasty meal which was provided by the Can Am Club. We asked that you place a donation for the dinner which would go directly to the Hospice and even though these are tight times, you came through with flying colors. The Hospice were very happy to receive $400.00 from us. Thank you very much!

For me, I've talked to many through IW but it was definitely nice to finally put faces to names. There were lots of laughs, good times and great racing. This event has fuelled our passion to make next years race even bigger and better. Hope to see you there.

We will post the results in the next day or so.

I wanted to thank the Can Am club for putting on a first class event last weekend in Celina. 5 full rounds of racing, great catered meal Saturday night and firm but fair calls coming from the CD stand. A reallly well run race. Not to mention an engine for the 1st place winner in each class. Great job guys!

Ron

Back