Calling all who have put a CMB Beta or VAC in your whip sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Schmidt

What motor mount did you all use for Beta/ VAC in your whip sport 20?? I have a speed master UMM mount just like the instructions call for. everything was golden until it was time to bolt on the carb and it hit the mount. the carb is to wide. if any one has had this problem with mounting there beta or vac and solved it let me know. if not I will just visit the machine shop and have one made. bummer was ready for maiden run.

Thanks

JIM

I made my own mount out of delrin...works awesome. I'll see if I have a pic. It's in my hull, not a whip..plus mine has a 5" engine well, note the nylon spacers mixed with speed master standoffs.

Bob

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Weight was something I made a calculated effort to control in my hull and the delrin saved a few ounces. It's easy to machine...and I don't have a lathe or any fancy tools. Basically a table saw and drill press.

2uppkiq.jpg

2150irp.jpg

The stock mini mount didn't work for me...the carb arm hits it and restricts full movement...drop mount was just as bad...my mount was simple to make, lighter and there is no obstruction...just sayin

Bob, thanks a lot for the Great Idea. where did you get your Delrin? Sounds like just the stuff I need, because I have a table saw, planer, and miter saw. Its just up my alley. I can use the parts off my Speed master mini mount that dose not work. let me know where to buy Delrin Bob Thanks a million

Jim

Dave the Speed master Mini mount is the one I have that is causing the problem. I should have said it was a speed master and not just used there model name UMM. stands for Universal Mini Mount.

Thanks Bradley on the bay special but I don't know what the name of your mount is. looks like it works though.

Bruce its the fuel in let and the low end needle. the speed master mini mount will not work with this motor at all. thanks for your help guys. Bob when you get a chance let me know where you bought your delrin.

I am having the same problem in a whip with that mount, I'm gonna redrill the holes forward to clear fuel inlet. Brad Christy used to make a special fuel nipple for the Mac 21 that was thinner, might see if he has any left.

I am having the same problem in a whip with that mount, I'm gonna redrill the holes forward to clear fuel inlet. Brad Christy used to make a special fuel nipple for the Mac 21 that was thinner, might see if he has any left.

I got it at a local plastic shop...they have black too...my new eagle from Andy had delrin motor rails, that's where I got the idea...works great. Took me about an hour to make that mount. It's simple, but there is so much going on with the front box, crossover fuel lines...can hardly see it. It drills, taps easily and I haven't had a problem with 440 cap screws either coming loose or striping.

Bob

Back