Calling all who have put a CMB Beta or VAC in your whip sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob you answered the next question that came to my mind today, and that was if it was strong enough for drill and tap, or did you have nuts on your cap screws. Cool!!!! thanks for the offer on sending some. I looked it up on line last night. It looks like Granger industrial supply has delrin in stock. I will look around a bit over here in Michigan. I'm sure I will find some if not, I will Buy some from you. here is a pic of the bad little monster Many thanks Bob

DSC00014.JPG

Looks Cool...where's it made?

@james, looks awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I now have the beta mounted. All I did was get rid of tapered spacers on the end of mount near carb. I replaced the aluminum mounting rails with custom made rails out of delrin plastic, this allowed for the space needed. My only concern is that the mount might break where it is attached to isolators via screws. I doubt that will happen but if it dose I will make one like bob made. thanks for sharing derlin plastic with me Bob Tuttel, Your a good man. here are the pics of the mount. when I had my cabinet business, I worked a lot with phenolic resin. I wounder if it would be a good material as well. I hope this helps all that have the problem mounting a CMB Beta.

PS this is a speed master UMM mount

Jim

007.JPG

006.JPG

003.JPG

012.JPG

Latest posts

Back