• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

brand new os 21 xm outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERMINATOR

brand new os 21 xm outboard for sale ..pics in my other listing , never fueled or fired.. 300.00 shipped in us 48.

tk

057.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Finally found the thread for the OS Outboard engine I purchased off of IW to keep in my trailer as a back-up B Stock motor. This motor cost me two opportunities at a win in B Stock. BEWARE!!!! Always check throughly any motor you purchase, even though as here it is listed as new. This motor was thought to have a reduced flywheel that popped up at the Fall Nats last year, and then again at the Tunnel Champs in Charleston last week. If you look compared to a truly Stock B motor, you can just slightly see the flywheel nut clearer, and looking at this pic, looks like there is an obvious space between the flywheel and top of the case. My fault, my issue, I did not check clearly enough before I mounted it on my lower at the Fall Nats, after my Mike Rushing Stock B motor blew up a few weeks prior at a D12 event. I voluntarily removed the boat from competition, put the boat in the trailer, and waited for a protest that never came. I pulled the same boat out two weeks ago. Obviously the same eyes were there, and the same flywheel was questioned again. Fault occurred in our protest system and my stupidity. I can tell you Dave Roach and Mike Brevoort removed the flywheel and made sure it never cost me a placement at another race. It also taught me a lesson to make sure I look more closely at what I purchase on here.

Some "loose lipped" boaters on here would like for you to think it was an obvious motive to cheat my fellow boaters, so I figured it was time to do a little research and see WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!!!!!! Now instead of a "Keyboard Racer" Andy from Fla's view on a situation he knew nothing but hearsay about, now you know the truth!!!.....
default_wink.png

Thanks.

Here is a pic from the OS website for comparison. You can see why the flywheel was questionable when comparing the two pics, but not obvious when looking at the motor by itself. Thanks.

t_17018_01.jpg

That darn Terry Kelly selling illegal equipment. Who can you trust anymore>
default_huh.png
You did your best to protect him covering the motor in the pits with a towel. Oh well he's well under the bus now.
default_sad.png
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

Mic

Mic,

Not Terry's fault. Mine. Didn't post to blame on him. I just wanted to find out where I got that darn motor from, thats all.

Carb in the first pic looks fubar as well. Its all about knowing your legal not just thinking you are. Get em next time Ron

I know Rodney. At least now everyone knows what all the fuss was about.....LOL

Gossip from the sewing circle that I have contact with said the crank was suspect too..........

Gossip from the sewing circle that I have contact with said the crank was suspect too..........
You have been sewing in the wrong group Mike. This was an IMPBA Race, so any internal changes are allowed, but has to be box stock from the outside. NAMBA is different. NAMBA requires the entire engine to be stock.

LOL. You are correct Darryl. I like "sparkie" boats as well, and yes, its nice to be able to hit the trigger and keep going sometimes!!!....
default_wink.png

You have been sewing in the wrong group Mike. This was an IMPBA Race, so any internal changes are allowed, but has to be box stock from the outside. NAMBA is different. NAMBA requires the entire engine to be stock.

You don't have quote the rules to me, I continued boating during the 15 yrs. you took off, and I'm not the rookie idiot that you think I am. Just sayin I don't think you can smooth this over with an old for sale add, you had better get right if you want to get to winnin

Been winning Mike. Just got caught off guard on this one and paid the price as stated above. Totally my caught. As stated, I learned a valuable lesson, especially when buying used. Not trying to quote the rules to you but your statement about the crank tells me you must not know them as well as you thought, that's all. Thanks....
default_smile.png

Back