Boring the MAC84

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don,t think it would be a good idea -- the 84 is a 67 case bored out and is prone to breaking as is

Henry

I didn't know if the OD of a 91VAC liner was larger in OD than the MAC84 sleeve. I know that the latest molding of the MAC 67/84 case was a little bigger, and the inner port cores were different. Andy confirmed that to me. I already have an early silver head 67 case that was bored to accept an 84 sleeve. THe port velocity should be very hight on that motor. Just need to finish it.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know of the OD of a 91VAC liner was larger in OD than the MAC84 sleeve. I know that the latest molding of the MAC 67/84 case was a little bigger, and the inner port cores were different. Andy confirmed that to me. I already have an early silver head 67 case that was bored to accept an 84 sleeve. THe port velocity should be very hight on that motor. Just need to finish it.......
I believe the VAC91 liner o.d. is 1.260"

I didn't know of the OD of a 91VAC liner was larger in OD than the MAC84 sleeve. I know that the latest molding of the MAC 67/84 case was a little bigger, and the inner port cores were different. Andy confirmed that to me. I already have an early silver head 67 case that was bored to accept an 84 sleeve. THe port velocity should be very hight on that motor. Just need to finish it.......
I believe the VAC91 liner o.d. is 1.260"
If that,s the size then that means another .040 per side has to come out of the Mac case -- man i,d be scared of that

Henry

Don't do it. It will pop the top off the case.

The HR sleeve is smaller in OD. 1.220 only .040 total .020 off each side.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back