Bored at Work 2004.... .12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wswatzell said:
Well, I am bored at work again, so to occupy my time I figured I would hone my CAD skills (look busy)  :p  
So I started another .12 rigger design.

Here is a link to all my BAW designs

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=75

72329[/snapback]

Cedar Springs Michigan? How close is that to Grand Rapids Michigan?

What software are you using to model with?

Kurt

Nice design Wade! Are you going to try to build it?

BTW, BIG news for those of you up in that area. There is a R/C car club that has a site alongside a pond about 4 miles West of US-131, North of 28th Street that would like to try to get a boat race going on their pond. Scott VanSlooten and I have been in touch with them. I'd like to take a drive up there to look at the pond. I think that the address is 2605 Sanford SW. There is supposed to be a tall drivers stand already in place, no homes on it plus it's surrounded by woods. I'm just hoping that it is outside of the City Limits. From the looks on a map, it might be. Possible Fun Run site or the possiblity of having a race on this side of the State again?

Wade is now living North of Grand Rapids. How far, he'd have to tell you.

The site your are referring to, is the old dry land marina. I have run there before. It is plenty big enough for a standard course and is well protected. There is a trailer park right next to it, but I was told by Dave at Hobby World that it is closed for good. Sure looks promising, the r/c club wants to put on races every Saturday. Don't know how well that will work. But definite possibilities.

Kurt

I live 20min North of GR. I belive we have meet before through Scott VanSlooten.

I am using KeyCreator to model it with. It is the next generation of CadKey.

Ron, I have no idea if i'll try to build it or not. if I like the outcome, I might.

I am really hopping that the pond will work out. I emailed the car club as well to let them know that I am willing to help

I noted that you have drawn the tub with a V hull shape at the transom. I've seen it done before, however I was wondering what the theory is behind this?

Looks good Wade. Maybe it will give you something to do for getting together and building this winter.

ok more updates, this time I have the front sponsons done.

Thanks Steve, I might just have to buit it for that reason :D

Joe, I really don't have any tech experience to qualify my design as anything other than my opinion. So here it is.

Save weight by eliminating one rear sponson while still providing at least one ride pad to help it get back up on step after a corner, provides a non-trip surface without adding extra weight. & the most important, it looks cool B) & not too many people do it. I like to be different sometimes. Will it work?? I have no idea. The main reason for designing it was so that I had something to do at work to look busy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wade

When you get what you think is it..... I can build it and run it most all winter.... I also have John Knight to help with the set up......Rigger Runners, and good guys...Ryan his son, beat DAD for Dist.13 20 Hydro Champ........ :lol: :)

I also have a Killer Engine GURU !!!!......building engines...... :ph34r:

Just fix it where I can print it off in sheets at actual size pieces .....

Looking at the pix from the link, the concept of a hard shaft drive going to an adjustable strut comes to mind. Maybe using a 2" piece of flex shaft or 1/16 wire for a flexable coupler between the two.

I know I had seen that tub design some where. Mike P. did that a while back!! :D

Hey Wade,

I like the mono too, kinda a Microburst top and a Seaducer bottom, Interesting!!!! ;) :D

Wade

Me likey, likey the 45 mono me pay a couple of duckeys for plan! patterens !!

drawings !!! :huh:

Hey Gene & Waterbug

Thanks for the complments on the 45 mono. I have often ( & I do mean often) dreamet of making a plug & building a mold for that hull. I think it would be really cool. my 1st thought, was to mount up some ren-board & CNC cut the 2 plug halves, & than make a mold from that, but i don't have the coin for that :(

Wade

Foam !!!! Plugs coated with west systems........MP method

I'll take a wood hull if you can... Lets see if i can down load Delta Cad.. Delta Cad is up and running........

This is great Wade. I love these kinds of posts!

Looks to me like you've designed in a whole bunch of dihedral in the front sponsons, or am I just seeing things? I do see the non trip in the V rear end but I don't see any extra lift.

Just my comments, and I love to comment! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don ;)

P.S. Guess I'd better get to work on Riptide II.

Hey Don, I figured I would see you make a comment on this one ;)

the front sponsons have 11deg dihedral, & the rear tub has a 15 deg V bottom.

I figured if I could keep the rear light, the prop should provide enough lift by itself. :blink: I might be way off base, but that is what I figured.

Now if you are looking at the 2003 BAW .12 rigger, you would be correct in the front sponsons. It has been too long since I designed them, so I don't remember what they are at.

Latest posts

Back