Boating Woes NW Washington

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

:huh: I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently moved from Florida to the state of Washington. I haven't been boating in almost a year and I'm starting to get itchy. In Florida there so many places to go and I'm not sure here. I'm out near the Olympics in Port Angeles. I know there are lakes here but everything is so hidden and secluded. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere safe to run without the tree huggers getting in the way and without driving for hours or taking the ferry across the Puget Sound. Thanks for any help anyone that can help me. :)

:huh: I'm hoping someone can help me. I recently moved from Florida to the state of Washington. I haven't been boating in almost a year and I'm starting to get itchy. In Florida there so many places to go and I'm not sure here. I'm out near the Olympics in Port Angeles. I know there are lakes here but everything is so hidden and secluded. I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere safe to run without the tree huggers getting in the way and without driving for hours or taking the ferry across the Puget Sound. Thanks for any help anyone that can help me. :)

What kind of boats do you have?

As far as where to run, not being from out on the peninsula I'm not to familiar with the lakes and ponds out there. Your best bet would be to contact the city and/or county and flat out ask. Depending on what you have for a boat, you might find someplace relatively close by that won't get ou in trouble with the "tree huggers"

punch in NAMBA District 8,, there's whole pile of go fast guys up there,, tough, fanatical, seasoned boaters.

One is Jerry Dunlap,, also Eric Bourlet, Mike Hughes, Greg Roth, Mark Anderson,, theres quite a few up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could even run that in the Strait if you want to. Seems to me there are some beachfront parks. You will just need to be sure you give it a serious cleaning afterwords

Try contacting John Castleman of the Kitsap Model Boat Club - [email protected] - they hold events at Sandy Shores Lake. This is about 20 miles east of PA off 101. They usually begin having events in March through September.

JD(Been called lots of things, but "fanatical" is a new one) :p

Thanks for the help everyone :D I contact a Ken Matti from the Dist 8 site and see what he says. I'll try the other contacts as well.

Dave Soleway lives in the Port Angeles area and is a very active racer. I don't have his contact information with me, but Ken Mallit should be able to help.

Lohring Miller

Back