Trying to better express myself

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles Perdue

Since we are beginning a new year, I thought that this would be a good time to tell you guys what has been on my mind.

After talking with some of my friends and fellow boaters I realize now that what I was recently trying to say and do did not come across like I meant them.

In the recent exchanges between myself and Joe Bishop, I sent the wrong message to my fellow boaters. I know Joe Bishop from the past and I was trying to give the people on here the benefit of knowing what he is really like, to know just what kind of person that he really was and from his post on here, what he is. He was trying to portray himself as a great boater and innovator, that in itself is OK if that is what you want to do, but in doing so, the way that he was going about it, he was giving out a lot of bad information. This hobby can be challenging enough without misleading information that leads someone to head down the wrong path to an enjoyable hobby, to draw the wrong conclusions causing a lot of wasted time, wasted money and more important, wasted effort pursuing this hobby using the wrong information.

I do not claim to know everything about boating and its supporting technologies. I am just the opposite. I try not to deal in opinions. I am always trying to find out why something works as it does. In going about learning using this path, you learn what is fact and what is not.

I was only trying to help my fellow boaters but in going about this the way that I did, I only made myself look like the bad guy. My friends and the people that know me know that I am not like this at all, and to be portrayed this way, bothers me. I am always open to helping people and if I do not know the answer I will tell you so.

So, if you will allow me to get a fresh start, I will try to do better.

Your Fellow Boater,

Charles Perdue

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we are beginning a new year, I thought that this would be a good time to tell you guys what has been on my mind.

After talking with some of my friends and fellow boaters I realize now that what I was recently trying to say and do did not come across like I meant them.

In the recent exchanges between myself and Joe Bishop, I sent the wrong message to my fellow boaters. I know Joe Bishop from the past and I was trying to give the people on here the benefit of knowing what he is really like, to know just what kind of person that he really was and from his post on here, what he is. He was trying to portray himself as a great boater and innovator, that in itself is OK if that is what you want to do, but in doing so, the way that he was going about it, he was giving out a lot of bad information. This hobby can be challenging enough without misleading information that leads someone to head down the wrong path to an enjoyable hobby, to draw the wrong conclusions causing a lot of wasted time, wasted money and more important, wasted effort pursuing this hobby using the wrong information.

I do not claim to know everything about boating and its supporting technologies. I am just the opposite. I try not to deal in opinions. I am always trying to find out why something works as it does. In going about learning using this path, you learn what is fact and what is not.

I was only trying to help my fellow boaters but in going about this the way that I did, I only made myself look like the bad guy. My friends and the people that know me know that I am not like this at all, and to be portrayed this way, bothers me. I am always open to helping people and if I do not know the answer I will tell you so.

Your Fellow Boater,

Charles Perdue
Charles:

Not knowing you personally, except through Steve and Jack O'Donnell going way back, I respect your information greatly. You are one of the FEW people that really understand the dynamics of our model boats. I appreciate that and look forward to any information that you share.

I try to do a similar approach with things that I have learned over the years. I don't try to share things that I am not really shure about. Sometimes if I am just brainstorming, I will challenge others that I think might have something that they have learned that helps me understand something in greater detail. A couple of the people that I try to ask a lot of technical questions of are Andy Brown and John Finch. I think that they are a couple the best minds in our hobby and can save a lot of time in making a conclusion. There are others like them, but they are the ones I use the most.

I have always learned the most from others OR by making mistakes. I seem to remember my mistakes and the direction that they lead me more than my successes.

I had a guy when I first started boating that knew everything (right???). He would tell me stories that led me down paths that were dead ends just for the fun of it. I swore that I would not do that and have tried really hard not to do that.

One of my greatest friends, the late Fred McBroom told me something that has always stuck with me. It makes me observant about what I hear and see. He said: "Marty, you have to Sort the Fly Poop from the Pepper" How true.....

Don't let this change the way you are with your knowledge. We all appreciate it greatly. Keep it up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Charles

With this you have just gained back all the repect I,ve had for since day one

Your Amigo

Henry

I think a open dialog is a good thing as it helps all make there own mind up.

I post a lot of stuff not knowing if what I am dong is going to work or if what I am thinking is 100% on point.

Some have bin lead down a road for a malicious manner in the past I am sure.

So this will taint what thy say to others. You now if you are learning and looking for answers in good faith this is much different than leading some one down the primrose path for the fun of it.

Many hold what thy do close to the chest in fear thy are not going to enlighten most.

What some consider nonsense is just a different view of reality.

Please all keep sharing good or bad as this will help grow this hobby........................................

Tell it like it is Charles.
default_wink.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfzRf1DtxQ

All good Charles...I found you to be a good guy who realised mistakes made and apologised for them promptly...keep up the good work and get to making some better Carbies! (By that I mean better again than what you have alrwady done!)

Your Fellow Boater,

Charles Perdue
Bravo ! The printed word can be so much different than the spoken word ! Happy New Year !

Latest posts

Back