Boat wont run/start up for nothing!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pond Player

I've asked about this problem before, and I've tryed everything under the sun(or so I think) to try to get this motor to run. the boat is a Pro Boat Nitro Furry I think? and it hasn't see the water yet or anything and its about to hit e-bay forsale. People at my LHS don't bother to tuch anything just say, "check your fuel lines, and make sure your tank isn't leaking..." So..if any of you want to buy this boat let me know, Ohh by the way, the problem is is the motor will not suck any fuel what so ever...it just will sit in the line with bubbles the only way I can get it to go though is if I pull the line off the pipe and blow the fuel though then it will run, but I'm not blowing on that around the lake...I've primed it to try to pop it and then hope that work...and took the car apart and made sure it wasn't jamed...the high is @ 2 1/2 -3 1/4 anywhere in there to get it to run. I forget where the low is at....the motor is a .12 car motor? so any ideas let me know???

Nick,

Is there a line running from your exhaust to your gas tank for pressure? If there is, is it in the right spot on the pipe?

I know on my boat it says to attach the line in a certain area of the pipe.

If it isn't that, you might want to check the possitioning of the lines in your gas tank. Again I don't know if it would be the same as mine, but the line coming from your exhaust should be angled up to the top of the tank once it's inside the tank. Of course the other one would go to the bottom of the tank and exit the tank and hook to the carb.

I hope this helps!

Colin

thanks colin but yeah every line is hooked up right. it just wont suck gas for nothing I mean if I pull it it should suck some fuel though the line right? but it doesn't it has a new tank and new line run though out the boat......?? I'm starting to think that maybe the motor was made bad?

OK, I dug out my Nitro Fury and this is what I found. The low speed needle is even with the nut holding the throttle arm on. My high speed needle was at around 2-1/4 turns out. Did you try covering the exhaust outlet as you were pulling the motor over to push fuel up the line. I'm thinking of putting an OS 9D flywheel on mine because I keep breaking the pull starter plus it would make starting easier.

The all most same exact thing happened to me when I got a brand new k&b 7.5 outbrd. Would not hit a lick. Turned out to be the brass fuel inlet on the carb was completly filled w/ CA glue along w/ the first inlet jet on the carb, no wonder no fuel was getting in there. Take off the inlet and the first inlet needle and soak them in ace tone, looking real close for clogs, I used a small nail just the right size to ram through, hope this helps. Mike

This may sound dumb. But did you make sure you turing the engine clock wise if it is and out bourd? I tryed to start my 3.5 k&b by turing it the wrong way and it would not start. I found out the hard way. I was use to starting inboards.

His engine has a pull start so it is a little hard to crank it backwards. Also, try putting a little fuel down the carb to prime it.

Try pressurising the tank with air under water to show up leaks.

Used to see this problem a lot with .12 size cars when I worked in a hobby shop.

My son has one of these nitro fury's and we had some of the same problems you mentioned. The first thing we discovered was that the black rubber stopper in the fuel tank slightly disintigrates leaving black "bits" in the high needle. So take off your high needle and clean it out real good. Then find the slip of paper that came with the kit for the Dynamite engine. You may be suprised to find that it may say to have the high needle turned out to 7 yes seven turns. My boy is lucky I didn't get his to run on the 1 3/4 - 2 turns out that I was trying to set it at. It may have warmed up a bit. I have run O.S. motors for some time as well as a Torq .12 and all of those engines run around 2 turns out. I agree with Ron on the "flush" for the low needle.

The Fury is a fun little boat, handles water well and skips right along. Put a X430 sharpened and balanced on it for a prop and you will see a nice improvement over the plastic prop.

Latest posts

Back