Boat Stands

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozbryan

Hi guys

I'm building a .45 seducer at the moment and I'm looking for some ideas on boat stands.

Anyone feel like sharing some photos with me?

I love to make them out of PVC also. I can usually whip one out in about 45 minutes as most of mine are the same except for size. The base wide enough so that the boat is stabile on it and high enough so that the rudder clears the ground or table.

funrun07343-1.jpg

a light, inexpensive stand can be made from foam. i use 1/4" black dense close cell foam (used for protecting custom wheels in shipping), glue 2 pieces together as needed for size. split a pool noodle lengthwise & glue that lengthwise to the black foam base. adj. the width to support the hull. must be used on a table, as it does not elevate the boat. when you race 4 boats (one gas), 3 tables, 10x10 canopy & all support equip. out of a 2001 subaru impreza 2.5 rs, EVERY little bit helps on space & weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one was made for a 41 cat but serves to my riggers and mono's too..just another idea.Gill

DSCN2438.JPG

DSCN2439.JPG

DSCN2440.JPG

Not yet, just a mill and metal lathe. Now if I had some serious excess cash.............................................................

I have a club member who makes a fiberglass stand. I will take a picture once I receive it.

I like the one Mr. Olson Made. It's base is wider than the hull and will keep it from flopping over on it's side when you go around a corner with your vehicle. It also wraps around The spinning prop in the pits. Prop guards are a NAMBA requirement. Am I the only person on the planet to see small children running into the hot pits?

Back