Boat Stands

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outboardman10

What did you do for your boat stands? I am building one for a Dumas Deep Vee, 40 (wood).

I would like to make it out of wood (of any type) and can not figure out how to design it.

It is 32" long without the rudder which is about 3 1/2". It is about 11 inches wide and 7 1/2" tall. I can try to make it myself.

For larger boats, I made mine out of 3/4" PVC pipe. I built a rectangular base slightly wider and longer for the hull with 2 uprights and an extension to protect the running hardware and as for prop safety while starting the boat. You'll probably need 2-8' sections, 8- 90 degee and 6 "T" conectors plus PVC glue. You can get the stuff cheap at Home Depot, Menard's or other such stores up there. I also put some pipe insulation on the top rails to keep the hull in place and to prevent damage.

I'll see if I can e-mail you a picture for clarity.

The PVC stands are the easiest to make and hold up well. But if you want to make one out of wood buy one of tools that copies shapes and press it against the hull. Then you can trace the outline of the hull onto wood and make a support that fits the hull. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. It's pretty easy though. Every one makes theirs different.

Dale P.

outboardman10 said:
What did you do for your boat stands? I am building one for a Dumas Deep Vee, 40 (wood).I would like to make it out of wood (of any type) and can not figure out how to design it.

It is 32" long without the rudder which is about 3 1/2". It is about 11 inches wide and 7 1/2" tall. I can try to make it myself.
Cutting Board!

Back