Boat Sim

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propjockey

Just had a thought! ( :eek: Ouch, that hurt!) I was lookin' at Wade's CAD drawings, and..........................

I know you've all seen the Great Planes Realflight Sim for RC planes...you can change the parameters of any particular plane (engine size, airfoil, control surface throws, etc.), and the program will change the flight dynamics of the plane to suit.

What about one for boats? So you can "test" different props, sponson or hull shapes, set-ups, etc?

That would be a cool! :eek: Have it so you can change the environment as well. Like the water conditions, wind strength & direction.

yea that sounds awesome, if it was done right, tuning a new ride would be easy, just plug in your engine, % nitro, prop type, and driving conditions [along with the countless other important variables that i've stupidly left out :) ] and then play with the tuning on the PC, give each set up a few "test runs" and find the best one........look mom! no spilt nitro or quick unexpected swims!!

Joe

I just thought of something that would be really cool as well. if you could print out the data sheet of variables so you could have a record to set up real boat at the pond. It would be a good starting point if it was done right. Just need a programmer who is into RC boat racing. Oh! & also have it so you could set up other computer controlled boats to simulate heat racing! ;D

who would make it...would it be hard to set up correctly since there are so many variables?

Jerrys RTDB software is pretty cool and i think most will say its the best one to tune your boat correctly ;)

Kris

yea,

id pay 50 bucks for a sim that would save a couple bottles of nitro and weekends at the pond.....

Joe

I would pay that to save on nitro, & frustration, but not fun weekends at the pond! ;D To me fun at the pond is what it all about. It would also be good fro driving practice when all the water is frozen.

wade,

i was talking 'bout the weekends that start by not being able to start the boat, then having a radio problem, then having the prop loosen itself repeatedly,etc.- not the ones that make the other people at the pond ask how much your boat cost!!! ;D

joe

Well Joe I don't think any program could ever help with these problems "not being able to start the boat, then having a radio problem, then having the prop loosen itself repeatedly"

Now THAT would be a sim! Load the program and for no particular reason, the boat won't start! : :)

Back