BOAT PARTS RESURRECTION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Seebold

I am in the process of resurrecting a model boat parts business I operated from 2004 till 2007. I would like to advertise my stuff here, but I don't want to offend anyone by doing so.

I make parts for gas, nitro and electric boats. I make parts for monos, hydros, riggers, cats, Jersey speed skiffs, cracker boxes. And I do it in my garage, on my Tormach PCNC 1100 personal CNC milling machine.

My parts are similar to another manufacturer, but not exactly the same. I will not make an exact copy of a product that someone else makes without their express permission

I will even make some one off stuff if you have a specific need and you can't find it anywhere else.

If you're a dealer and you have a design that is a proprietory product and I make your parts, I WILL NOT sell your parts to anyone else. I just don't do business that way.

In the attached picture, I made everything except the trim plates. Those came from Speedmaster. OH yeah, the prop is from Octura.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, I am at [email protected]. If you'd like to talk, shoot me a phone number and I'll call anywhere in the continental United States.

BACK_END_OF_MY_BOAT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

I would say go to the manufacturers section and post a detailed listing and description of what you have for sale. Good luck.... :)

Unobtainable CMDI style rudder blades and associated hardware would be a pretty good seller for those that cannot replace the original hardware .

Unobtainable CMDI style rudder blades and associated hardware would be a pretty good seller for those that cannot replace the original hardware .
Is CMDI hardware the stuff that Andy Brown was making? I have one of his rudders sitting on the bench, and his blessing to go ahead and make some. How many would you like?

I make my rudder blades from 7075 aluminum because it's a lot stronger than 6061.

hope all works out for you Steve in your restart in the parts supplying venture.

As for the rudder blades make both 2 pickup and single , even keep some with none for those who want prop blast pickups.

Wedge taper and straight blades options as well.

Any chance to get your drives to take needle bearings as an option ( caged )

hope all works out for you Steve in your restart in the parts supplying venture.

As for the rudder blades make both 2 pickup and single , even keep some with none for those who want prop blast pickups.

Wedge taper and straight blades options as well.

Any chance to get your drives to take needle bearings as an option ( caged )
Tom, I've tried needle bearings in the past, and unless you're using a hard shaft, like a drill blank, the bearings will quickly eat up the soft stainless steel shaft. The ones I tried didn't make it through the first day. The lead-teflon busnings in the drive on my boat are 5 years old with no visable signs of wear.

I will have a dual pickup rudder, and it will be an improvement over one that is already available. I will make some rudders with the pick up on one side and some with the pick up holes on both sides. Upon inspection, I found a serious flaw in the other guys rudder, and I think I can make mine a little thinner. I will probably stay away from a tapered blade because it requires more set ups, and more set ups makes it more expensive, and we both know, no one wants to pay more for a rudder. And I don't blame anyone. I can make blades with no pick up, and probably sell them for a little less because I don't have to spend a lot of time drilling that 4 inch deep hole, or the pick up hole in the side. I can make them a little thinner if I don't put any holes in them. That will allow boaters to go a little faster. I made some with no hole for a local guy 7 or 8 years ago, but I think they were too thin. They were only 1/8 inch thick, and they would break off if you tried to turn while heat racing. They were OK for straight line though.

Outdrives are finished. I made 50 of them, and I'll toot my own horn here, these are the best looking drives I have made. I may be slow, but I do some really nice work. I'll get the drives assembled in the next day or 2, then I'll post a picture here.

great stuff.. I would like to see some quality parts that are reasonably priced. I think the design of the hardware should be based on, of course the fuction of the boat, but the minimum machine time or set ups.. so maybe they are a little blocky, or basic... so what,.. good functionality and made from quality material.. that's what I would like and i think others would too.

great stuff.. I would like to see some quality parts that are reasonably priced. I think the design of the hardware should be based on, of course the fuction of the boat, but the minimum machine time or set ups.. so maybe they are a little blocky, or basic... so what,.. good functionality and made from quality material.. that's what I would like and i think others would too.
Anthony, I put a lot of pride in the way my parts look and "blocky" as you refer to it just won't cut it in my shop. I like my boats, including the hardware to look nice. I like the look of nice round corners where ever I can do it. I am of the belief that "if I won't run it on my boat, I won't try to sell it to you".

Latest posts

Back