boat clubs in mi

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, if things don't pan out down here I'll let you know ASAP. A separate Fun Run in Lake Odessa would be cool too as we've traveled before. A few years back, some of us made a drive to Oregon, Ohio, east of Toledo to a run there.

Lake Odessa would be great for another Fun Run.

It's not much further than Kzoo for us in Fennville.That could work!

But the Kzoo fun run is becoming a tradition.

Surely we would like to see that venue continue also if possable.

Ron,

I now have a little Kayak for a chase boat that we can use for the Fun Run.

So,if the inflatable didn't survive the year,no need to replace it.

I can't say that the Kayak will keep anybodys ass dryer, but it's paid for.

And the O/B weed trimmin is still possable if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i was told that the small lake was filled in and the other pounds are just a little to small for what we need but im still on the trail and theres more places to check and im all over it

Hey Guys!!!!

Sorry I haven’t been around much, with school, family, and work, I have precious little spare time. Last year I only got to run my boats 3 times :( and I wasn't able to go to the fun run last year either. I will make it this year though.

ya me and my dad will come if we dont have to work :( for us where trying to get back into raceing agin its been a long time since we have raced boats a long time well lets just say the last time we raced we where running a new lap cat I we kept having to call prather to get setup tips from them on it cause they so new they where still testing at the time lol that just made me feel old lol

Wade,

Sorry I haven't been in touch with you for a while. I need to program your number into my new cell.

As far as a boat club around GR, that would be great if we could get one together again. It would give me a place to go when I need help or just need to get a way for a bit to have fun. It would be nice to get to know more people in the area that run boats. I guess he first thing we need to do is find a pond. I will jsut keep my eyes out and hopefully something will turn up some day.

what kind of permits do you have to pull to run on a river?????? i think il check in grandleadge there are a few nice spots to run plenty of parking and very easy to get to

You only need regatta permits if you set up buoys in publuc waters. It's the same paperowrk as if you are holding a fishing tourney or sailboat race. We haven't had the DNR show up yet but I like to have the bases covered.

When I get the OK from the Parks and Recreation Dept. plus the DNR regatta permit it will help to keep the cops off our case if someone does complain.

I really don't advise running on rivers as the current can be faster than it appears. I've had to chase one of my boats once.

They're free. I had to go to the local DNR office to make out the form, it only takes a couple of minutes to do. They like at least a 30 day notice for the event but usually get me okayed in a few days.

I don't know what office is close to you as I have to drive up to the Plainwell office.

you said that you need to talk to the parks dept also is that part of the dnr or is that diferent??? oh and i do thank you for all the help that you have given to me thanks

i just wanted to know how many of you would join the club if i start one and would you rather have it be namba or impba

i just wanted to know how many of you would join the club if i start one and would you rather have it be namba or impba
Mark,

There are 2 of us down in Fennville that would deffinatly join your group.

It looks like about only a 1 1/4 hr drive for us too.Not bad.

If things go as planned,my buddy will have a pond at his home finished in a couple of years that we also can run on.

But,as I stated,It'll be quite a while yet.

I just hope there are enough of us to make this thing work.

We're really looking forward to it if it all works out.

Mark,

I would prefer IMPBA if we could,but beggars (me) can't be choosers.

We'd appreciate anything we can get.

Anything would be better that what we now have!

GOOD LUCK!

I'm looking for a club to join, that's why I was wondering about Kevin Sheren's.

There han't been a NAMBA club in this state that I know of besides FE in a good 25+ years but I'm not against going to NAMBA instead of the IMPBA except they don't have a .12 or RTR class yet.

We've tried (Dave Homer and I) several times to get one going here without much luck. I do have access to a race clock also as Ric Carpenter said that he had one stored away and wanted to get rid of it.

Now I have to find out where Grand Ledge is..........

Ron,

Grand Ledge as about 5-10 miles west of Lansing.

Just about where I-96 and I-69 intersect.

I knew the name but didn't think of exactly where it was, there are too many "Grand's" in Michigan. I've probably driven past it a few time on the way home from races.

well im going to go check with the city of grandledge next week on haveing a race at one of the parks ya i know you guys dont like running on rivers but i do know the river there well i used to live there and run my old ele boat there the curent isnt as bad as some think it would be but its wide and deep and in the stretch im thinking of it is long and straght there is plenty of parking and places for the kids to play but il let you guys know when i can find out what has to be done to run at the site and if i can get the race cleared il put in the apps for a club then we can all get together and go from there how does this sound let me know guys thanks mark

Ron,

You went to the gas race this past year in Lansing.

What lake did they run on?

Was it close to Grand Ledge,since it's only 5-10 miles away?

Just curious.

Back