Boat Building Services

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose F Cid

Guys,

I would like to offer my services to build boats kits. I have been building boats, Heli, cars, planes, etc. for the better part of my life leaning to boats after a few years back in the hobby here in Miami, Fl with lots of old friends and after talking to a few of them I have decided to see if anyone here on IW would like me to build some of these for them.You guys have seen my Eagles here I have sold one Eagle SGX 60 to "Nitro Feak" & the I have posted picture of my SGX 45 here on IW before. The way i would like this to work is anyone wanting me to build a boat will have to provide all kits hardware,motors etc. and all glues (i only use west system) and paint if you would like me to paint the boat after the build. I will only paint the boat in two colors if a more detailed paint job is required then I would recommend that you have your boat painted locally after I build it and ship it back to you. I also will build carbon fiber boats I'm in the process of developing my own design hopefully by the end of this year I will have something in the lake. If anyone has any questions please feel free to let me know by PM or e mails ( [email protected]).

Thanks,

Jose

I would love a boat in carbon similar to my profile pic for a 21!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Kevin,

Thanks for your imput. I will be starting with a 40 size for now and maybe expand from there. I have been thinking of making an Eagle SGX in carbon fiber and I have talked to Andy about it. I'm still working several details as to how to put the sponsons together as you know the Eagles have lots of curbs to them & they are not stright as other sponsons. I have made one out of wood to see what would be the best way to build it without screwing up carbon fiber sheets and I plan to use the same system that Albert has done with his carbon fiber riggers. If I manage to get this Eagle done out of carbon fiber I should be ok to go. We will see still working out the detalis.

Thanks,

Jose the eagle Sgx are one of the best riggers I've been running and a fiber or cf version would be for sure great contenders. Three years ago I did some molds just to have my own cf version of a SGX based rigger and produced only two big boats (90 and 101).that I still own. They look very similar of Andy's boats but have some mods.Good luck and will be looking forward this Project.Gill

:feel free to visit my page.

Hi Jose How much will C/F 40 outrigger for my Picco 45R need more room ( don't touch too close tank & boom main wood ) because my zoom carb is big price? and any pictures? let me know cheers Allan

Last edited by a moderator:
Allan,

Are we trying to produce an Eagle that will fit your Picco motor? The cost of the CF materials to build a rigger will be about 450 dollars plus the resin and hardener the labor rate for me building a rigger will be about 30 dollars per hr. That being said I can tell you that I will most likely take anywhere from 35 to 40 hrs to build a CF rigger and any other particulars based on cost I would prefer to handle by PM as all builds are very different. I will only build a few boats per month and I would probably take about 3 to 4 weeks to finish as I will not rush any build or take on more than what I can do.

Thanks,

Jose

Allan,

Are we trying to produce an Eagle that will fit your Picco motor? The cost of the CF materials to build a rigger will be about 450 dollars plus the resin and hardener the labor rate for me building a rigger will be about 30 dollars per hr. That being said I can tell you that I will most likely take anywhere from 35 to 40 hrs to build a CF rigger and any other particulars based on cost I would prefer to handle by PM as all builds are very different. I will only build a few boats per month and I would probably take about 3 to 4 weeks to finish as I will not rush any build or take on more than what I can do.

Thanks,

Jose
EDIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would just need plans or a boat and I'm sure that this is very doable.

Thanks

Jose

Henry,

Would love to see that !!! That SGX should be a great running boat with the MAC 84. I hope that you are happy with the purchase and enjoy the boat send me some pics. I talked to Andy today and over the next few weeks I'm going to start working on building the Eagle SGX 45 in CF I will post some pics as the build moves along. Thanks for all your support.

Jose

Guys finally finished the frist carbon fiber prototype. Attached are some pictures of the boat I have ran it only one time and I will be going out to the lake this weekend to teak it in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jose,

You interested in building some sponsons or a tub?

Let Me Know?

Mark Sholund

Guys,

I finally got around to making some Carbon Fiber cowls for now all I have is the one on the picture I made a mold of from a cowl that a friend gave me. I will be getting a resin infusion system soon and

the plan is to make a 40, 60 and some 80-90 carbon fiber cowls for now all I have is the mold of a 40 size Eagle/Jae type cowls I will keep you all posted on the progress of these. The 40 size cowls will sell for 50.00 dollars plus shipping.

Thanks,

Jose

DSC_0964.JPG

DSC_0965.JPG

DSC_0966.JPG

Jose,

I would be interested in getting one or two of the 40 size cowls. Let me know when you make them available.

Thank you,

David

David,

I should be able to have these for you in about two weeks or so. I will put you down for two as I'm out of town and when I get back I have to get some additional supplies. I will let you know when they are ready. The two in the pictures have a couple of imperfections on them as I wet laid those up to make sure the mold was good. I'm going to vacume infuse the new ones and these should be perfect.

Thanks,

Jose

Back