Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mario, in the picture where your hand is holding two rudder blades, on the tapered front edge of he rudder, you see a wall on up on the front of the rudder. Would like to ask, does anyone taper that area !! That area will seat below the transom ? If you look at the picture that shows the strut (knife edge in the front of the strut) and bracket assembly and the rudder bracket assembly mounted on the transom, you can see the area I'm taking about, that area will seat below the hull bottom. Your build is looking good, Good Luck.

^^^ I see what you're saying, john.
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to remove some of that upper forward wall.
For the most part it will be obscured behind the rear sponson when the boat is on plane but i may look into cleaning up one of my rudders in this way. Good eye!
20200902_124602.jpg

Thanks Mario, I've been using my belt sander and carefully tapering from the L-Shape corner area of the rudder forward and this can be arched (like a reverse tear drop) so as not take to much meat from the rudder and still take away that wall. Great Pics !!

Had a rough day at the lake today with some nitro engine gremlins ruining the day. SO, I decided to work on this again to take my mind off things.
Wasn't entirely happy with the cowl fit, so I began sanding/straightening edges and refitting lower carb cover. Much happier now!
20200906_000752.jpg
20200906_000808.jpg
20200906_000815.jpg

Made a neat little cut-out for my plug and lead today. Just about time to prep cowl for paint.
20200914_082134.jpg
20200914_082410.jpg

Last edited:
8 month update:
Wanted to see if it'd be possible to keep the cowl seated on top of the tub but there's too much of a gap towards the rear. Started trimming to sit down inside the tub instead tonight
20200918_221449.jpg
20200922_215158.jpg

Latest posts

Back