blackjack, crapshooter ..........warlock

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a long time to get my Blackjack set up properly and it didn't launch for the 1st three heats. Once I found the set up, it ran respectible. I ran out of fuel on the 5th lap while leading in the 4th round (the motor is a fuel hog) and finished 2nd in the 5th.

Ron Zaker Jr said:
The keyboard racing here is amusing.Check the US-1 total points for dominating performances.

Ron Jr  B)
Ron, I congratulate you on your US-1 win but I don't see how it can be defined as a dominant performance when you only won 1 heat. A consistant performance, yes. Worthy of US-1 definantly but dominant, not in my book. That would be reserved for performances like Ron Drake's 20 tunnel score.

Mike, Earnie and John all had more wins. But for their bad luck in 1 heat, all would have outscored you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you are missing, Joe, is that Ron won all phases of US-1.. He did exactly what he needed to do to win.. No changing props for SAW or Oval and raced how he needed to race.. Perhaps you should take notes, not critcize...

Charley

CHowarth said:
What you are missing, Joe, is that Ron won all phases of US-1..  He did exactly what he needed to do to win.. No changing props for SAW or Oval and raced how he needed to race.. Perhaps you should take notes, not critcize...
Charley
Charley, I'm not missing anything. I fully understand Ron's accomplishment. It was good enough to earn US-1. Just not dominant.

For instance, last year Matt Kenseth one one race and won the Winston Cup by a landslide. Nobody said he dominated the field. He methodically built up a lead that could not be overcome by being consistant. That's what Ron Zaker did.

In 1997, Tommy Kendall won nearly every Trans Am race in route to his 4th title. That's dominance and that's what Ron Drake did.

A case in point, Ernie Lefleur scored 1700 points in B mono. 100 points more than Ron and that got him 3rd place. Do you consider his performance dominant too?

In my original statement I was attempting to point out that no one boat stood out above the rest in heat racing. I think that my point is proven by the fact that heats were won by a multitude of boats including Ninjas SGXs Blackjacks, Warlocks Jags & Hawks. From my count, it looks like the SGX actually won more heats than any make.

I didn't see your name on the contestant list. Did you even witness the "Dominance"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe_Knesek said:
A consistant performance, yes. Worthy of US-1 definantly but dominant, not in my book.
Ouch..

Might want to re-read the book Joe.. man that is harsh..

Brad likely doesnt want the guys that are running his hulls to have negative comments about others performances.. its just plane tacky. I could be wrong but i doubt it..its not what i like to see regarding the dudes that run my hulls.

Say hi to the family for me and remember its just a toy boat. hang with us Joe and take time to balance the teeter totter not add extra weight.

Your racing Bud

Grim

Grim I'm not meaning to come across harsh or disrespctfull. It's just a differance in our assessment. You and Ron should be proud of the accomplishment regardless of our differances. I'm not bashing or praising any boats. In my openion they all performed well. I think the differance in the finish was behind the wheel.

Those racers such as Ron Zaker could choose any boat they wanted as well. They choose the boat they run for a reason.

Wether its racing tendencies fit their driving style better, ease of getting parts, etc..

Most choose them because they feel like they can win with it. I think that the WARLOK and BLACKJACK are somewhat unprovens. They are built following a proven design, but until someone proves they are a dominant hull - other boats will just have to be pleased with a "NOT DOMINATING" performance enroute to earning a US1.

Back