Best Pilot ever!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not so sure thats real, kinda odd shadows if ya ask me but if it is he is amazing

He was darn lucky to survive. As for being the best pilot, on that I'm not so sure. Back in 1985, I watched an F-14 land on the pitching deck of the USS Kitty Hawk on one main landing gear, nose gear and tailhook. The other main gear strut failed mechanically, so the pilot landed at a 20* bank. The bad gear strut actually hit the back of the Jet Blast Deflector that was protecting the aircraft on the forward part of the flight deck. The Tomcat was flying again in only a couple of days, but that shows how good the pilots have to be in the Navy

Guy's hate to tell you but it's a compliation of a Scale model and a fullsize aircraft. Note some parts are fuzzy and others are clear images. But, I must conceed thats its well done.

Guy's hate to tell you but it's a compliation of a Scale model and a fullsize aircraft. Note some parts are fuzzy and others are clear images. But, I must conceed thats its well done.

Yep, if you stop frame, you can see the editing outlines :eek:

Still pretty cool, kinda like those power-aid commercials......

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
i was hoping i wasn't the only one to think the fuzzy parts were to well timed

Most video cameras will go out of focus when trying to stay on an object moving like that plus using the zoom. It would be too difficult for the even better-than-average Photoshopper to do.

An olld friend of mine from the Detroit area sent me that video in an e-mail last week.

Fresh change of underwear all around! :lol:

This has been shown to be a hoax:

http://www.reggiepaulk.com/2008/10/killath...-buzz-with.html

The plane that lands is obviously a model. Pilot's head too small, it is stationary, gear is wrong, spinner is clearly a CF model spinner, tail wheel is a common model type, and worst of all, the plane spins the wrong direction after "losing" a wing. Ain't CGI wonderful??

Here's a real video of the same thing with a model.

LOL....someone sent it to me...I just had to post it here.

Somewhere I saw a vid of the jet that landed with one wing after a mid-air with another jet.

Then of course there was the Navy deck man that got sucked into a jet engine and survived.

That was amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Andy, A fellow that lives just east of you in Lake City was on the ship when he got sucked into that jet. Came out of it with a broke arm and some bumps, And a soiled pair of shorts!! Ryon

Back