Bearings I have sold

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrcboatracer

Supporting Member
I have become aware of the possibility of some 6002 and 6002A bearings that I have sold might not be genuine WIB. The suspect bearings were labelled as Swiss Manufacture, but did not have WIB engraving applied. When I received these bearings from my distributor, I immediately called them to inquire as to the appearance difference and lack of engraving. They assured me that the order I received was WIB, but that they sometimes receive WIB bearings that were not laser engraved; and if I wanted to ensure that I received engraved bearings I would have to place special orders in quantities of 100+ pieces. As a small hobby business, I could not afford to do that at that time.

I have now been advised by my distributor of the possibility that substitutions may have been made without changing the package label. They still assure me that they receive non-engraved bearings from WIB, but depending on their inventory, they may have substituted a generic high speed, increased clearance bearing. I have decided that going forward I must special order laser engraved bearings in order to ensure that I receive what I have ordered, and am providing the same to my customers.

In the interest of erring on the side of caution, I will replace any non-engraved 6002 or 6002A bearings that I have sold over the last 3 years. Please contact me via PM or email to arrange exchange of any unmarked 6002 or 6002A bearings that I have sold to you directly.

Thank you.

Jon Thibodeau

Latest posts

Back